I have no idea whats going on but America is going insane.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
We actually held a Pharmaceuticals company accountable.

This is surely a sign of the end times. BUT, if its not, I'd like this to solidify the precedent that Pharmaceutical corporations can in fact be liable once in a while, particularly if they push opioid abuse.
Next up: Tobacco!!!

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
And next up the one dollar fine coming in 2022. Get nets up around your local bridges.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
as glad as i am...CEOs need to be behind bars for this shit. THEN there will be some modicum of real justice
Hypothetically, yes.
But it will never happen. Some underling will always plead guilty to some lesser charges and that will make it almost impossible to prosecute the real villains.
It happened in every major corporate scandal since I've been alive. And many times those dickheads dont even serve real time.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Just yesterday I saw a dog and cat living together.
Saw story on ABC world news tonight. Worker at Florida zoo, a cleanup guy apparently was bored and decided to play with a tiger, stuck his arm in the cage. The beast was quicker than him and before he knew it had his arm in its mouth. The mutherfucker was screaming louder and more scary than I've ever heard. He manages to use his cell phone to call 911 and they send an officer who's incredulous. After a bit of indecision she shoots the tiger dead. They are contemplating pressing charges against the worker, he had no business being anywhere near that tiger's cage, he was supposed to be cleaning facilities elsewhere. They should definitely prosecute. That tiger was worth a lot of $$$.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Pohemi

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Good, let's see some actual accountability that the ruling class loves to talk about but seems to always dodge.

Re Tobacco - the U.S. has done a good job of reducing smokersing, big tobacco has moved on to other countries to find customers. If those countries feel compelled to fight tobacco, the U.S. has a playbook to use.

Reactions: Pohemi

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Good, let's see some actual accountability that the ruling class loves to talk about but seems to always dodge.

Re Tobacco - the U.S. has done a good job of reducing smokersing, big tobacco has moved on to other countries to find customers. If those countries feel compelled to fight tobacco, the U.S. has a playbook to use.
I'm for making tobacco an extinct species.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
rabbit+n+tiger.jpg

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
How big do you think the ears of a tiger cub are?
When I think tiger I think of the full grown Siberian I saw pacing back and forth with furious energy at the San Francisco Zoo many years ago. That was a monster beast and struck me as super dangerous. Words can't describe the menace of that animal. That bunny rabbit would have disappeared almost instantly as if it had never existed.

Dec. 30, 2021:

Last edited: