I have just gotten a new 95 Nissan Maxima and I have a question for you guys...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

FearoftheNight

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2003
Originally posted by: rbloedow
Originally posted by: FearoftheNight
Originally posted by: mAdD INDIAN
For upgraded ecus (these chips you speak off), you'd want to get JWT's ECU. They only work on 95-97 Maximas. Combine that with a MEVI (middle eastern variable intake manifold that supertool mentioned earlier) and you got a nice beast. Then add a y-pipe.

Estimated price?

Also...the maximas require high octane? My dad always used 87s before he gave it to me....;o!

?!??!?!??!

If you have to ask about octane, I think you have a LONG way to go before you start w/ mods.

Ok instead of mocking my n00bness...how about dishing out some helpful info so I can learn? ;o

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
For upgraded ecus (these chips you speak off), you'd want to get JWT's ECU. They only work on 95-97 Maximas. Combine that with a MEVI (middle eastern variable intake manifold that supertool mentioned earlier) and you got a nice beast. Then add a y-pipe.

Estimated price?

Also...the maximas require high octane? My dad always used 87s before he gave it to me....;o!

?!??!?!??!

If you have to ask about octane, I think you have a LONG way to go before you start w/ mods.

Ok instead of mocking my n00bness...how about dishing out some helpful info so I can learn? ;o

Everyhting you need to know is in the link I posted, don't blame me because your too lazy to search for your information. Go here and search, join, and become an active member: http://forums.maxima.org/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003

Estimated price?

?!??!?!??!

Everyhting you need to know is in the link I posted, don't blame me because your too lazy to search for your information. Go here and search, join, and become an active member: http://forums.maxima.org/forumdisplay.php?f=9

I agree. This isn't exactly a bastion of knowledge on the Maxima... Please do yourself a favor and spend the time familiarizing yourself with maxima.org. You'll learn far more there than you ever will @ ATOT. They must have a "newbies" section there... I know the car forum I visit (dsmtalk.com) does :) Give it a shot, I doubt you'll hurt yourself ;)

FearoftheNight

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2003
I never said I woudln't explore there further. Right now its late and I'm leaving town in the morning so I'll have to get to it when I get back. Just thought u guys could answer a few simple questions off the bat...

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
I never said I woudln't explore there further. Right now its late and I'm leaving town in the morning so I'll have to get to it when I get back. Just thought u guys could answer a few simple questions off the bat...

Those aren't really simple question - they're pretty complicated.