I have decided that I will go do this.....

Ernieb

Jan 13, 2002
I have finally made up my mind that I will go for it
I will go take piano lessons :)
That's all I thought you would like to know about this.....haha
anyone know about piano....someone is trying to sell me her piano for $200 Canadian dollars...... i haven't go check it out yet..but what do you think? good / bad??
$200 bucks for a beginner ok ?

Mr N8

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
$200 is fine if it sounds ok. If you need it tuned, it could be anothe $70 - $100 CND.

Ernieb

Jan 13, 2002
Originally posted by: MogulMonster
$200 is fine if it sounds ok. If you need it tuned, it could be anothe $70 - $100 CND.

MongulMonster you play piano?
good deal for beginners you think? :)
I don't know nothing about it..I will go check it out and see if i like the look..
i know that it's wooden in color...but fine with me...as long as is an upright type
i don't want those little ones that being playing in the church u know those
type that plays out funny church sound..i just don't want that
originally that piano that im about to check out it costed the owner over a thousand dollar
so $200 bucks the cost.. plus another hundred something to move it to my house
and another $100 to tune it... will be done

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Keep it with it's back against a INSIDE wall.

Moisture is BAD for them!

I took leasons as a kid (5-6) wish I had stuck with it now, but WHO want's to play the piano when your 5-6 years old!??
rolleye.gif

Ernieb

Jan 13, 2002
Originally posted by: Brutuskend
Keep it with it's back against a INSIDE wall.

Moisture is BAD for them!

I took leasons as a kid (5-6) wish I had stuck with it now, but WHO want's to play the piano when your 5-6 years old!??
rolleye.gif

Same with me..i was playing piano the same age..then didn't stuck with it
and now so wanted to pick it up again..
I wish i had stuck with it also

Mr N8

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Ernieb
Originally posted by: MogulMonster

MongulMonster you play piano?
good deal for beginners you think? :)
I don't know nothing about it..I will go check it out and see if i like the look..
i know that it's wooden in color...but fine with me...as long as is an upright type
i don't want those little ones that being playing in the church u know those
type that plays out funny church sound..i just don't want that
originally that piano that im about to check out it costed the owner over a thousand dollar
so $200 bucks the cost.. plus another hundred something to move it to my house
and another $100 to tune it... will be done

Actually, my wife plays. I just got her a used baldwin upright about 2 years ago. It was a steal at $150 + $75 to get it tuned. (US dollars)

The thing you need to realize is that you will want to get it tuned yearly, if you are serious about it. Like any stringed instrument, weather and drafts will affect the piano, so make sure you have it on an inside wall, not in an area that will be breezy or in a room that is poorly insulated.

bigalt

Golden Member
Oct 12, 2000
man i didn't realize that used uprights could come so cheap.

does the 150 dollar one sound okay?

I've been kind of spoiled, my parents always had a baby grand as i was growing up. IMO, once you get past the very beginning level, the better your piano sounds the more inspired you are going to be to play/practice.

but heck, if it's only like 200 bucks you could just sell it off again when you feel as though you've graduated to a better one.

and as long as all the keys work, once it's in tune it doesn't much matter.

kudos for taking it on, i've never regretted spending my time learning how to play.

Ernieb

Jan 13, 2002
Originally posted by: bigalt
man i didn't realize that used uprights could come so cheap.

does the 150 dollar one sound okay?

I've been kind of spoiled, my parents always had a baby grand as i was growing up. IMO, once you get past the very beginning level, the better your piano sounds the more inspired you are going to be to play/practice.

but heck, if it's only like 200 bucks you could just sell it off again when you feel as though you've graduated to a better one.

and as long as all the keys work, once it's in tune it doesn't much matter.

kudos for taking it on, i've never regretted spending my time learning how to play.

for what i have heard from the lady there's one key that doesn't bounce back though.what do you think?

idNut

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002
That would be cool to be able to play piano. I'd writer sonatas, requiems, all the sad sh!t.

nitsuj3580

Platinum Member
Jun 13, 2001
started in 3rd grade and played through high school. Stopped when I went to college (that was 5 years ago). I should pick it up again