Question I have an OPTIPLEX 7010 with a bad MB. Part # CN-0773VG-72200-31G-01NH-A02

motohead342

Apr 3, 2022
I found several boards that are CN-0773VG-72200-,.. but the last 10 characters are different. The boards are exact physical copies. What can I use and what should I not use?

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
First, what are the full specs on your Optiplex 7010? Specifically, what CPU do you have? Doing a quick search, it appears that the 7010 is a fairly old computer, probably Ivy Bridge based?

If I were you, I would not buy a used Optiplex board, unless they were very cheap. Even then, it might not be worth your time to repair it. I would look into getting a new computer, if my assumption about your system is correct (Ivy Bridge based). Now, if it was a pretty good Ivy bridge CPU, such as an i7 3770, I would consider looking into a replacement board. Any decent Z77 board should work, or even other socket 1155 boards, as long as they supported your CPU. You would have to replace the PSU and case as well though, and a lot of time 1155 boards that are still good and decent quality are too expensive used, as they are quite rare.

But, without knowing the full specs of your computer, I can only guess at the best way to do this, but like I said, it may be best just to do a new build or get a new laptop.