I have an idea, let's toss the results & say you refused to test...

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
"I felt a threatening tone from him. You know, like a command, a demand," Ross said, referring to Tucson police Officer Scott Sullivan

What does that have to do with anything? Of course they commanded/demanded her to do it! What does she expect them to do?

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
"I felt a threatening tone from him. You know, like a command, a demand," Ross said, referring to Tucson police Officer Scott Sullivan.
Uh....yeah. That's how it works when you're caught drunk behind the wheel of a car you dumb biotch. :|

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Mommy make the bad people please go away....

I wish I was the judge on this, I'd have her doing community service on a chain gang.

Encryptic

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Originally posted by: Fausto1
"I felt a threatening tone from him. You know, like a command, a demand," Ross said, referring to Tucson police Officer Scott Sullivan.
Uh....yeah. That's how it works when you're caught drunk behind the wheel of a car you dumb biotch. :|

What he said. :|

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
she actually has a case.

Here in KY there was a big stink because officers were forcing people to take the tests.

About 100 cases were thrown out

AstIsis

Jan 18, 2003
Originally posted by: spidey07
she actually has a case.

Here in KY there was a big stink because officers were forcing people to take the tests.

I thought that if you refused to take a breath test they hauled you to jail. If that is true, then what do they do..force you to take the test there?

(I have no clue since I have never been stopped for a DUI.)

Bootprint

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2002
OMG, she wore a black pantsuit to court. She is soooo screwed. :)

Why do I really care what she wore? why do they add things like that to articles?

Encryptic

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Originally posted by: Bootprint
OMG, she wore a black pantsuit to court. She is soooo screwed. :)

Why do I really care what she wore? why do they add things like that to articles?

Next on Fox, "Lifestyles of the DUI and Famous" :D

KC5AV

Golden Member
Jul 26, 2002
she actually has a case.

THAT is crazy. It's called field sobriety testing. If you are suspected of being under the influence, you should have to demonstrate that you are not.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: AstIsis
she actually has a case.

I thought that if you refused to take a breath test they hauled you to jail. If that is true, then what do they do..force you to take the test there?

I think this was specific to KY, but the officers told the suspects the could go to jail if they didn't take the test. Apparently that wasn't true and hence the cases were thrown out due to coersion or something like that.

But it sounds like she's trying to weasel out.

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000
Here if you refuse the test, you face automatic drivers license revocation for one year. That of course is in addition to whatever punishment you get for the DUI.

Encryptic

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
she actually has a case.

I think this was specific to KY, but the officers told the suspects the could go to jail if they didn't take the test. Apparently that wasn't true and hence the cases were thrown out due to coersion or something like that.

But it sounds like she's trying to weasel out.

Exactly. She's playing the "I'm A Celebrity" card. STFU and take the heat for being stupid enough to drink and drive. If this was Joe Blow that got pulled over, he'd have gotten the book thrown at him, none of this "It was like a demand" crap.

blackdogdeek

Lifer
Mar 14, 2003
she actually has a case.

i believe you can refuse to take a breathalyzer and other tests. in fact, now mind you this is just hearsay, but i've heard of police officers who were pulled over refusing to take the test so that they could plausibly deny they were drunk later on.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
she actually has a case.

in North Carolina they draw blood and it is noted on your file that you were uncooperative.

AstIsis

Jan 18, 2003
I looked it up for the state of TX and this is what I found:

Does a person have the option not to take a breath or blood test?

Yes. Even though Texas has the implied consent law, a person arrested for DWI may refuse the test requested.
This refusal can result in the following penalties:

a 180-day suspension of your driving privilege if this is your first DWI arrest,
a 2-year suspension of your driving privileges for a subsequent arrest within 10 years if you refused to submit to a test in your first arrest, and
the prosecutor can admit your refusal into evidence in your DWI trial. The prosecutor will then argue that you refused the test because you knew you were intoxicated and that you would fail the test.

If you submit to a test and fail, your driving privileges can be suspended and the following penalties may occur:
a 90-day suspension of your driving privilege if your driving record shows no prior alcohol related arrests,
a 1-year suspension of your driving privilege if you have a prior conviction or suspension with the preceding 10 years, and
the prosecutor can admit the results of the test into evidence at your DWI trial.

If you do not want to take a test, it is better to tell the officer that you want to talk to a lawyer before making the decision, as opposed to just refusing. Again, they most likely will not give you the opportunity to talk to a lawyer, and no test will be given.