I have an idea for a product but don't know how to mass produce and market it

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexus5rocks

Mar 12, 2014
So we all know about kickstarter, gofundme, etc. but that's to raise funds to finance the project.

All I have is an idea, but I need some light phone app development and some other electronic doodads that need to be put together.

How do I get started?
I feel like the 3 guys from Horrible Bosses 2 trying to sell their shower buddy, except I don't even have a prototype.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
First, ignore all the replies in this thread. We admit it, we're all just jelly of the brilliance of your progress so far.

Now, to get started, hound Mommy and Daddy for an advance on your allowance. Be bold, ask for TWO weeks worth. Whine and and threaten to hold your breath until they give in. Remember when that worked for that mountain bike you wanted?

Then pedal on down to Electronic Doodads R Us and stock up on one of everything they have. An idea as broad and entirely nebulous as yours should never be hamstrung because you don't have enough colored plastic zip ties or cans of compressed air.

Finally, weigh your phone. If it's light enough for light phone app development, use it to call somebody with a clue . . .

Because you desperately need one. ;)

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
You could be a bit more specific, like who the hell do we write the check to?

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
First, ignore all the replies in this thread. We admit it, we're all just jelly of the brilliance of your progress so far.

Now, to get started, hound Mommy and Daddy for an advance on your allowance. Be bold, ask for TWO weeks worth. Whine and and threaten to hold your breath until they give in. Remember when that worked for that mountain bike you wanted?

Then pedal on down to Electronic Doodads R Us and stock up on one of everything they have. An idea as broad and entirely nebulous as yours should never be hamstrung because you don't have enough colored plastic zip ties or cans of compressed air.

Finally, weigh your phone. If it's light enough for light phone app development, use it to call somebody with a clue . . .

Damn perks, you forgot to tell him to get off the lawn.

Nov 8, 2012

Few things from an admin have made me laugh that hard.

Kudos my friend. Kudos....

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004
OP, try googling your idea. You will probably find that you aren't the first one to think of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.