I have an idea for a movie

Narmer

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2006
Actually this was a dream I had:

There's this guy that kills a bunch of people. The police arrest him. But it turns out that he was abused as a child, and apparently this is what led him to kill. Well, some people start to have sympathy for his hard life and decide to support him legally. All of a sudden, the killer is turned into a victim and even Hollywood types get into it. There's a huge public outcry against the ensuing trial. A lot of money is poured into the killers legal defense. They judge and jury sympathize with the killer and he is found not guilty. The killer's "Not Guilty" party has an A-list of Hollywood types and other liberals. Outside are a few protesters. Incidentally, the killer brings one of his "toys" to the party, an AK-47, and slaughters nearly everyone at the party. The one surviving individual tries to crawl out of the doorway but is met by the killer. He asks, "Why?." With a 4 second cold stare into the individual's eyes, he lets out a barrage of bullets. End of story.

Xyo II

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 2005
So the guy gets away with killing a bunch of people because he was abused as a child? It would be more realistic if they gave him a reduced sentence because of psychological problems, and after he gets out of jail he does this. Or while in jail he seems to have seen the error and is on the way to becoming a great individual, and while on parole he flips out.

Narmer

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2006
Originally posted by: Einstein Element
So the guy gets away with killing a bunch of people because he was abused as a child? It would be more realistic if they gave him a reduced sentence because of psychological problems, and after he gets out of jail he does this. Or while in jail he seems to have seen the error and is on the way to becoming a great individual, and while on parole he flips out.

You're missing the moral of the story: An apple is an apple no matter how you slice it. There are just some people out there that are mentally unstable and it's independent of their environment.

Perhaps it's a jab at the PC crowd, who like to see those that are poor and violent or rich and violent, as being victims one way or another.

Why don't you just accept people for what they are?

Kromis

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2006
Originally posted by: Narmer
He asks, "Why?." With a 4 second cold stare into the individual's eyes, he lets out a barrage of bullets. End of story.

Does he also say "Say hello to my leetle friend!" ?

imported_Baloo

Golden Member
Feb 2, 2006
The real-life case where you got this idea resulted in a guilty verdict, with nowhere near the support for the killer you ascribe.

This could be a good twilight zone episode. Not enough of a story to make a feature length movie.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I have a better idea for a movie: There is a guy who has his arm cut off and a chainsaw in it's place ... ohh wait, they already made that one!

As far as your movie idea goes, I'd probably read a few reviews and maybe some user comments on IMDB and if it either got really awesome or really horrible reviews, I'd see it.

T9D

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2001
No because I know the ending now.

The question is will you go see it after I steal it and sell it?