Question I have a technical issue / question - Ubuntu + HestiaCP + Cloudflare + server not found **solved**

Oct 9, 1999
So everything worked fine until my VPS provider decided to change servers and upgrade us to a newer server with a new IP address.

So initially, it wasn't finding the server via hostname; for some reason, google domains and their website forwarding didn't work; it kept adding an HTTP to the IP address. I had a glue record for servername.domainhost.com that points to an IP address. So I moved it to Cloudflare.

So now it responds to servername.domainhost.com, and I can access the backend Hestia control panel. But the domains hosted on that server are not responding. They are linked to the new IP address, but they won't respond. Seems Apache2 and nginx aren't running. They keep failing, and I am sure it's an IP mismatch but I can't seem to figure out how to diagnose it.

So what is the solution? if I cant get the apache / nginx fixed. Its weird, since I have some experience in linux but this is beyond me

Otherwise, I need to back up the websites on the server and reinstall it fresh but if that's the case, I need back up the Wordpress sites from the command line.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 1999
okay fixed.. the Hestia CP discord was useful, but basically, I had to list the ips on record, then delete the old IP, then do a v-update-sys-ip and it brought it back up :)