I have 2 dibetes meters

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
One is my older Accu Chek advantage and the other is a One Touch Ultra 2
and I am getting 2 different readings
The Accu is saying 91 and the other is 80.
For me this is really low and I have no energy at all right now.
Most of the time I am running over 200 and it doesnt matter what I eat or what time I check my blood.

Should I really be worried with the two different readings and if my understanding is correct under 100 is really good. So far today I had 2 Bluberry Yoguarts (sp) and a Blue Berry Muffin for breakfast and for lunch some Hard Salami with swiss no bread about 3 hours ago and this is my reading. I just feel so BLAH. OH and finished 4 red bulls :eek:

But is that really the norm and should I feel blah or go eat a sucker?
Just wondering. Could be feeling blah just missing everyone too (all at school and work)
But if this is the norm should I worry aout the two different meter readings being 10 seems like it could be bad and do plan on asking my doc on the 4th but im bored so I thought I would ask here. :D

Wheezer

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
How long have you been diagnosed?

Are you taking insulin injections or oral medication to regulate you?

I am sure you are aware of the hazards of low glucose, it can be deadly....I would strongly suggest you contact someone about this ASAP...you may only feel "blah" but the damage you are doing to your organs will be irreversable if left unchecked no matter how minimal you think it may be.

2Xtreme21

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2004
I don't have diabetes, but I lived with my mom who has it. It may sound like a stupid question, but are you taking the right amount of insulin? I'm sure you're well aware of how it works, but more insulin = less sugar in your body.

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
Calibrate the meters, then retest. You should have the test fluid that came with them.

SpiderWiz

Nov 24, 2004
Originally posted by: funboy42
One is my older Accu Chek advantage and the other is a One Touch Ultra 2
and I am getting 2 different readings
The Accu is saying 91 and the other is 80.
For me this is really low and I have no energy at all right now.
Most of the time I am running over 200 and it doesnt matter what I eat or what time I check my blood.

Should I really be worried with the two different readings and if my understanding is correct under 100 is really good. So far today I had 2 Bluberry Yoguarts (sp) and a Blue Berry Muffin for breakfast and for lunch some Hard Salami with swiss no bread about 3 hours ago and this is my reading. I just feel so BLAH. OH and finished 4 red bulls :eek:

But is that really the norm and should I feel blah or go eat a sucker?
Just wondering. Could be feeling blah just missing everyone too (all at school and work)
But if this is the norm should I worry aout the two different meter readings being 10 seems like it could be bad and do plan on asking my doc on the 4th but im bored so I thought I would ask here. :D

I'm type 2. I think the normal reading is 80-120. So I would say current 80 and 91 are considered normal. But it doesn't seem normal for you. Have you calibrated you monitors? Also, make sure the test strip haven't expired. BTW 4 red bulls isn't good. hehe

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
why arent you watching your sugar intake if you are normally about 200?

i thought red bulls are loaded with sugar...and im sure the muffin has quite alot of sugar as well...

how often do you go in for laboratory blood tests to see how your sugar is running?

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
Type 2 diaged for about 3 years now
No Insulin but I take 1 45mg Actos and 2 Glyburide*TEVA* 5mg 2x a day
No I havent calibrated them ever how does one do that? Guess I should go find the box :p
Dont give a shite about my spelling if you cant figure out what I ment oh well sux to be you Im not here to impress anyone with my perfect grammar or spelling :p
When I went to the ER the ther day they tested me and I was at 113
I know I should test often but I dont. Figure what good willit do since Im on pills and generally dont eat much with sugar in it anyway. Just wife is gone that usually makes me food since I cant stand for long periods and thats what we had here I could grab and go sit. Thats kinda going to be the norm now from no on I guess or not eat at all till dinner time.

OH and the red bulls were sugar free BTW

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
No I havent calibrated them ever how does one do that? Guess I should go find the box :p
Dont give a shite about my spelling if you cant figure out what I ment oh well sux to be you Im not here to impress anyone with my perfect grammar or spelling :p
I know I should test often but I dont. Figure what good willit do since Im on pills and generally dont eat much with sugar in it anyway. Just wife is gone that usually makes me food since I cant stand for long periods and thats what we had here I could grab and go sit. Thats kinda going to be the norm now from no on I guess or not eat at all till dinner time.

OH and the red bulls were sugar free BTW

if your having doubts about the meter's readings call the help number usually on the sticker on the back of them..they are very helpful when it comes to answering questions

readings will vary from meter to meter and test to test due to all the variables involved when taking the reading.

2Xtreme21

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2004
I know I should test often but I dont. Figure what good willit do since Im on pills and generally dont eat much with sugar in it anyway. Just wife is gone that usually makes me food since I cant stand for log periods and thats what we had here I could grab and go sit. Thats kinda going to be the norm now from no on I guess or not eat at all till dinner time.

You really should test often. And "the good it will do" is preventing you from going into a coma from hypoglycemia.

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
Yeah, get the box and instructions.

<advice>
Type 1. You DO NOT want that! My son has it and it tears my heart out to see him fight every day. Watch what you eat and keep off excess weight. Test often. Good luck, mang.

</advice>

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Originally posted by: iRONic
Yeah, get the box and instructions.

<advice>

Type 2 can progress to Type 1. You DO NOT want that! My son has it and it tears my heart out to see him fight every day. Watch what you eat and keep off excess weight. Test often. Good luck, mang.

</advice>

No.

Type 1 is an autoimmune disorder where the immune system totally kills the insulin producing cells. Type 2 is caused by being a fatass. In no way does having severe type 2 equal type 1. No matter how severe your type 2 is, eating healthy and exercising will greatly improve it.

Eating healthy and exercising, which I do, will never make mine go away.

<------- Has type 1