I hate my new cell phone!

MuffD

Diamond Member
May 31, 2000
I got one of [/L]these from one of the engineers at work and I think it's too bulky. It still beats carrying around a Qualcomm thin phone and a Palm Vx but now I just have to decide if I wanna keep this phone or nuke the Palm Vx and thin phone.

I'll try this for a few more weeks and if I don't like it, I'll just get a new one.

SUOrangeman

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
I am considering one of those Kyocera units. I have held one in my hand (go to your local Sprint PCS store) and I don't think it's that much more than my existing TouchPoint. Granted, I foresee myself getting a wired headset so I wouldn't have to actually hold the thing while talking. This will give me the added advantage of using the Palm while talking.

C|Net Wireless has got some interesting user feedback, which must unfortunately be taken with a grain of salt.

-SUO

iamthesystem

Banned
Oct 11, 1999
i've a Samsung SCH8500 (from Sprint)...awesome phone with great talk/standby time...

only one problem--no convenient way to carry the phone...

DannyLove

Lifer
Oct 17, 2000

<< how much did you pay for yours Danny? >>

well, someone in the Hot Deals forum posted a deal that ATT was having. $90 sign up and you get $50 in return. The place was in my area. So I headed over there signed up, and now I have my phone. I never got my 50 rebate cause I forgot about it. So it costed me 90 bucks. But, last year on my damn Birthday (12/7) i went to a resturant and left my phone there :( I dont have insurance for it so I had to rebuy the freakin thing, costed me 200 bucks!!! plus tax. you would think I would learn from that occasion, but to this day I still havent called in to get my insurance added. Its only a phone call away :)

and now my friend who works for a cell phone company added all kinddds of stuff to my phone. Like a transparency pic of TIFA from FF7 on my LCD screen, and I also got a cool case. You can't find these cases anywhere, since ATT doesnt make them, but somehow she found some, and now I have a cool case :)

i love my freakin phone damn it !!!

dannylovemyphone~!

MuffD

Diamond Member
May 31, 2000
I mean the phone itself has cool features but I just want something a little smaller. I like Nokia but working at kyocera-wireless, I have access to try more of these phones.