I hate Klipsch more then ATOT hates BOSE.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CorCentral

Banned
Feb 11, 2001
I still don't understand............ If most of you cry about sound quality and buy Bose and Klip-ski, don't go crying about "any" problems you may have! Get yourself a cheap $150. reciever, a cheap sub, and two bookshelf speakers such as Infinity Primus 150's that are better than most pc crap speaker setups! Lodge-uh-tek, Klip-ski and Boise have nothing on a decent/cheap reciver and real speaker solution.

YoYo Jello........... Spread the wisdom Pilgrim!

Bose Blows and so do speakers sold as "COMPUTER" speakers!

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
Originally posted by: CVSiN
Originally posted by: foghorn67
I am so mad I can't type. Another blown amp victim. yay.
Screw Klipsch. 90 bucks to fix it and have it blow again? no thanks.

lol.. i had 3 sets of Ultras.. all blew thier amps..

on my 1st set of Logitech 5500s and had them for a year now and not one issue and i play them loud all the time..

will never buy another klipsch setup..

QFT
I had 2 sets of 2.1 and 1 set of promedia 5.1 all blew (an amp silly). I own 2 sets of Logitech Z5500's for almost a year coming up and they get played everyday loudly and not one problem at all. Veryu happy and will never go back. I got 9 Klipsch speakers collecting dust and YES I tried them on the Z5500 and they suck. The Logitechs with the faze plugs still sound better with better mids and without the use of a tweeter better highs too.

People, including myself, got suckered into Klipsch is the best thing hands down. Well for almost half the cost Logitech IMO spanks the sh!t out of it like a red headed step child in build and sound and I can turn the bass to max and the volume without the bass poping. I couldnt do that with any of the klipsch if I wanted loud music I had to turn the bas down so the sub wouldnt pop.

hysperion

May 12, 2004
Originally posted by: Futher
I bought the Promedia 5.1's when they came out a looong time ago. Amp blem last year, paid $60 for them to fix it. I didn't hear from them for over a month, then I get a package in the mail... a brand new COMPLETE set for 5.1 Ultra's. Now I have 5 extra speakers and a better amp. No problem with Klipsch here.

My 5.1's were about 18 months old- amp blew. Called Klipsch- they told me to send them in. New pair of 5.1 Ultra's- no charge. They've been working except the control box needed to be replaced due to the volume adjustment going bad- guess I fiddle with it too much :D

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
Don't worry OP, for every set of Klipsch speakers you don't buy, I am going to buy three. ;)

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
Originally posted by: CorCentral
I still don't understand............ If most of you cry about sound quality and buy Bose and Klip-ski, don't go crying about "any" problems you may have! Get yourself a cheap $150. reciever, a cheap sub, and two bookshelf speakers such as Infinity Primus 150's that are better than most pc crap speaker setups! Lodge-uh-tek, Klip-ski and Boise have nothing on a decent/cheap reciver and real speaker solution.

YoYo Jello........... Spread the wisdom Pilgrim!

Bose Blows and so do speakers sold as "COMPUTER" speakers!

That was annoying as hell to read-ski.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
Originally posted by: YOyoYOhowsDAjello
Originally posted by: yosuke188
Get the Swan M200, great sound quality.

I have to look this up.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836136102
http://www.swanspeaker.com/product/htm/view.asp?id=3

thanks for the links!:heart:
They look really nice too. I got to thinking...I really haven't had space for proper surround in a while. The two rear sats are really random in placement.

Be aware that these are pretty substantial for size, probably bigger than you're thinking. They will definately take up a lot of desk space if that's where you're going to end up putting them.

probably better to just get klipsch ifi's

YOyoYOhowsDAjello

Moderator<br>A/V & Home Theater<br>Elite member
Aug 6, 2001
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
Originally posted by: yosuke188
Get the Swan M200, great sound quality.

I have to look this up.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836136102
http://www.swanspeaker.com/product/htm/view.asp?id=3

thanks for the links!:heart:
They look really nice too. I got to thinking...I really haven't had space for proper surround in a while. The two rear sats are really random in placement.

Be aware that these are pretty substantial for size, probably bigger than you're thinking. They will definately take up a lot of desk space if that's where you're going to end up putting them.

probably better to just get klipsch ifi's

Maybe :)

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
That's why I went with Logitech Z5500's. Most people say the Klipsch speakers are a bit better sounding, but I sure do see a lot of people complaining about blown amps with Klipsch.

Feb 10, 2000
Originally posted by: 3cho
creative l3800 for the win

Seriously? I have L3500s at work (actually I'm listening to them now), and they don't even approach the sound I get from my ancient Klipsch V.2-400s.

mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004
Originally posted by: SlowSpyder
That's why I went with Logitech Z5500's. Most people say the Klipsch speakers are a bit better sounding, but I sure do see a lot of people complaining about blown amps with Klipsch.

I love my Z-5500s, best sound I've ever heard coming out of a computer.

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
Have you guys ever done dual centers (above/below screen)? I've seen pictures of a few HT setups like that, but I imagine it might do more harm than good.
Yeah, frequency cancellations for the lose (in theory). I've no idea how it would work in practice, but it seems that the sweet spot would be small and not worth the extra cost.

Edit: Promedia 2.1's have been working fine for over a year. I wish I had room (and money!) for a studio monitor type of setup, but these are good enough for the average college dorm environment, with its such exquisite acoustics </sarcasm>.

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
you bought computer speakers, what did you expect?

if you wanted real speakers, you should have bought a set of Klipsch La Scalas. 15" drivers, horns bigger than your arm, 100+ pounds each.

ForumMaster

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2005
i have had the my creative inspire 2500 for well over 4 years. I've had them loud and they still perform wonderfully. and as for klipsch sending you a replacement, I'd rather they focus on creating amps that don't blow so often rather then give away upgrades to fix their image for a fault that still exists in the replacement.

YOyoYOhowsDAjello

Moderator<br>A/V & Home Theater<br>Elite member
Aug 6, 2001
Originally posted by: ProviaFan
Have you guys ever done dual centers (above/below screen)? I've seen pictures of a few HT setups like that, but I imagine it might do more harm than good.
Yeah, frequency cancellations for the lose (in theory). I've no idea how it would work in practice, but it seems that the sweet spot would be small and not worth the extra cost.

Edit: Promedia 2.1's have been working fine for over a year. I wish I had room (and money!) for a studio monitor type of setup, but these are good enough for the average college dorm environment, with its such exquisite acoustics </sarcasm>.

Seems like an acoustically transparent screen is the way to go :p

thescreensavers

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2005
Originally posted by: Darien
Another? Ouch.

Promedia 5.1 Ultra owner here. No big problems so far *knocks on wood*

me also no problems, What were you audio settings set on the physical control and windows was everything all up?

My setting are as follows

on the control

Rear 0
Center 0
Sub 0
And my Wave is set to 1 notches down

And I got no problem