I hate Klipsch more then ATOT hates BOSE.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Riverhound777

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2003
I've had my promedia 4.1s for 5-6 years. Always had a problem with the volume control knob, but I spilt water on it a few months back and had to buy a new one. It was like $50 but it fixed the volume knob problem as well as added a ear phone and input jack. I'm happy with it. Sound quality has always been amazing as well. Had these speakers through 3 computers, great investment.

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
Originally posted by: foghorn67
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy
THAN! THAN!

Oh good lord... *cracks another :beer:*

Good God. I didn't know I was writing a thesis. It's a friggin post on ATOT. Take your grammar goon squad somewhere else.;)

The grammar goon squad only comes out with the proper combination of alcohol and really, really, really, simple things that no intelligent person should ever mix up. (Note, I leave there, their, they're, your and you're alone) Then and than... wow.

Props for not fixing your title. You showed me...

Can you do me a favor later on today? Go fvck yourself.

Ooo.. somebody is wearing their big-boy underpants today! :laugh:

foghorn67

Lifer
Jan 3, 2006
Originally posted by: cKGunslinger
THAN! THAN!

Oh good lord... *cracks another :beer:*

Good God. I didn't know I was writing a thesis. It's a friggin post on ATOT. Take your grammar goon squad somewhere else.;)

The grammar goon squad only comes out with the proper combination of alcohol and really, really, really, simple things that no intelligent person should ever mix up. (Note, I leave there, their, they're, your and you're alone) Then and than... wow.

Props for not fixing your title. You showed me...

Can you do me a favor later on today? Go fvck yourself.

Ooo.. somebody is wearing their big-boy underpants today! :laugh:

lol, sorry, that phrase is funny. I get a good laugh everytime I hear it, even if it's directed towards me.

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Cambridge ftw? :confused:

Btw people, learn to spell. You look like AIM kiddies when you can't spell basic 3-4 letter everyday words. Claiming that only literature professors can do so just makes it look worse.

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
I had my original Klipsch 4.1 system for almost four years, then my amp blew as well. Klipsch agreed to repair it at no charge other than shipping. I also received a new Promedia Ultra 5.1 system shipped back to me. I used the ampless subwoofer, two of the 5.1's and two of the 4.1's for my HT audio. A used Klipsch Promedia 5.1 center speaker off ebay completed that setup. HT front pic.

My wife's Klipsch 2.1 set rocks her PC.

My Klipsch Heresy II's are twenty years old and still rockin' strong. Horn-loaded speakers FTW!

foghorn67

Lifer
Jan 3, 2006
Originally posted by: CKent

Btw people, learn to spell. You look like AIM kiddies when you can't spell basic 3-4 letter everyday words. Claiming that only literature professors can do so just makes it look worse.

Let me repeat myself. It's a damn forum, and I am ticked off. I already said I couldn't type because I was pissed. I would say this also bit into my normal spelling and grammar conscience.
For that I apologize.
But, if you really makes you feel smarter while you are drinking beer alone, in front of a computer...I feel sorry for you. Drinking alone must suck. I hope I never have to resort to that.
Or if you feel the need to point out errors on a forum, that is very sad as well.

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005

Let me repeat myself. It's a damn forum, and I am ticked off. I already said I couldn't type because I was pissed. I would say this also bit into my normal spelling and grammar conscience.
For that I apologize.
But, if you really makes you feel smarter while you are drinking beer alone, in front of a computer...I feel sorry for you. Drinking alone must suck. I hope I never have to resort to that.
Or if you feel the need to point out errors on a forum, that is very sad as well.

Spell however you want. Last I checked there's no rule against bad spelling or grammar here. Just know that it affects others' perception of you, and not for the better. The habits you get into on an internet forum tend to make it into your professional life as well where it can further harm you.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000

For that I apologize.

Spell however you want. Last I checked there's no rule against bad spelling or grammar here. Just know that it affects others' perception of you, and not for the better. The habits you get into on an internet forum tend to make it into your professional life as well where it can further harm you.

I'm sure he doesn't care about the perceptions of anyone who passes judgement based on someone's grammar on an internet forum. I sure don't. Those are exactly the type of people whose opinions mean the least to me.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Any ideas on what I can hookup the satellites to? I need another subwoofer/amp I would imagine.

Yes. Just get an amp. Klipsch makes some.

Anyway, for more helpful advice here ya go...

1) Blowing an amp channel is normally a result of playing it too loud/hot for extended periods of time, or possibly a defect in the amp or speaker
2) Once an amp channel is blown it is very difficult to ever get it to work well again because when it blows, other compaonents in the amp could have been compromised. I've blown many an amp channel, and whenever they are repaired they always have problems after that.

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001

For that I apologize.

Honest to god, quit being a spelling Nazi. I just went through several of your post and found quite a few structural and grammatical errors. Do you REALLY want to break bad on this?

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview...atid=38&threadid=1916302&enterthread=y

PRIME example. When did they start spelling Areola = Araolae?

Or on the next page in the same thread

"It seems odd to me that with such a landslide vote, exposure of female breasts is still illegal in the US in most cases/areas (yes I know there are a few places where it's ok). You might say that dissenters aren't "internet" types, or that they don't visit this site - but posting pictures of breasts on this very site isn't allowed either. It seems like an odd dsicrepancy, what are some thoughts on that? "

Again, when did they start spelling it Dsicrepancy?

Should we continue?

Pot meet kettle!!

foghorn67

Lifer
Jan 3, 2006
Originally posted by: spidey07
Any ideas on what I can hookup the satellites to? I need another subwoofer/amp I would imagine.

Yes. Just get an amp. Klipsch makes some.

Anyway, for more helpful advice here ya go...

1) Blowing an amp channel is normally a result of playing it too loud/hot for extended periods of time, or possibly a defect in the amp or speaker
2) Once an amp channel is blown it is very difficult to ever get it to work well again because when it blows, other compaonents in the amp could have been compromised. I've blown many an amp channel, and whenever they are repaired they always have problems after that.

I would lean towards defective. I never 'cranked' these up. I'm not the only one, the internet is full of Promedia owners suffering. People have waited months for replacements from their tech dept.
Some failed after 10 minutes. One failed after 45 seconds.
2-I agree with you on number two. I have had other stuff at work burn up, and it's always best to replace and not fix. (Cisco switches like to smoke more then the Marlboro man)

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Originally posted by: LikeLinus
Honest to god, quit being a spelling Nazi. I just went through several of your post and found quite a few structural and grammatical errors. Do you REALLY want to break bad on this?

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview...atid=38&threadid=1916302&enterthread=y

PRIME example. When did they start spelling Areola = Araolae?

Or on the next page in the same thread

"It seems odd to me that with such a landslide vote, exposure of female breasts is still illegal in the US in most cases/areas (yes I know there are a few places where it's ok). You might say that dissenters aren't "internet" types, or that they don't visit this site - but posting pictures of breasts on this very site isn't allowed either. It seems like an odd dsicrepancy, what are some thoughts on that? "

Again, when did they start spelling it Dsicrepancy?

Should we continue?

Pot meet kettle!!

I'm not being a spelling nazi, as I said spell however you want. If you want others to think you're a 12 year old AOL chatroom kiddie, that's fine by me. In everything you do, you present an image of yourself. In a medium where your typing comprises the majority of this image, how you do it is huge. U no wut i meen? Lolololololol!!!11

There's a bit of a difference between spelling a tricky word used once in a blue moon like areola (areolae is the plural, at least I had the ending right) and everyday words like than/then, you're/your, their/there/they're, etc. Your second example is an obvious typo. There's a night and day difference here, the fact you can't see it just cements the obvious. All I want to know is when AT started letting AOL IPs access these forums again.

Spikesoldier

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2001
still slamming my logitech z560's

bought it from newegg, initial shipment blew amp in under a week, got it RMA'ed, only had to mail in the control panel and cut the AC cord going to the sub/amp unit.

once they recieved it, i got a new set on my front door, using OVERNIGHT shipping.

i couldnt imagine the shipping fee for overnighting such a heavy set of speakers...

Conky

Lifer
May 9, 2001
I've been loving my Klipsch ProMedia v.2-400 System for years. Klipsch rocks in my book. :thumbsup:

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: iRONic
I had my original Klipsch 4.1 system for almost four years, then my amp blew as well. Klipsch agreed to repair it at no charge other than shipping. I also received a new Promedia Ultra 5.1 system shipped back to me. I used the ampless subwoofer, two of the 5.1's and two of the 4.1's for my HT audio. A used Klipsch Promedia 5.1 center speaker off ebay completed that setup. HT front pic.

My wife's Klipsch 2.1 set rocks her PC.

My Klipsch Heresy II's are twenty years old and still rockin' strong. Horn-loaded speakers FTW!

Why the blacking out of the image on your tv?

Koing

amish

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
Originally posted by: pray4mojo
my klipsch promedia 2.1s are still good and strong after who knows how many years.

same here. i has to be 5 or six years now.

randomlinh

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
linh.wordpress.com
i had the original 4.1 set... the volume pot would always crackle.. even the new one they sent me (i had to pay shipping one way). very annoying. they sounded decent, but after a while, the horns really were overpowering for music. and since I rarely played games w/ them (I had to turn them up too loud to hear footsteps) I got rid of them.

I'd go back to the 2.1's since I listen to music only for the most part, but they were too expensive at the time to try again.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
Originally posted by: DonVito
Originally posted by: Beachboy
I've been loving my Klipsch ProMedia v.2-400 System for years. Klipsch rocks in my book. :thumbsup:

Same here. IIRC I bought them in 1999!

yea got some here working still as well:p no problems. and i like how their amp didn't waste power on standby like the old logitechs with those huge heatsinks that were always warm did.

Blazin Trav

Banned
Dec 14, 2004
I am so mad I can't type. Another blown amp victim. yay.
Screw Klipsch. 90 bucks to fix it and have it blow again? no thanks.

Buy creative or logitech next time or don't buy computer speaks and go through a reciever.

From what I hear if you get the amp fixed for whatever price it lasts for quite a while...

ebaycj

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2002
"computer speakers" are for pussies. Get yourself a decent reciever and some decent speakers, and it will BLOW AWAY any set of "computer speakers".