I hate Klipsch more then ATOT hates BOSE.

foghorn67

Lifer
Jan 3, 2006
I am so mad I can't type. Another blown amp victim. yay.
Screw Klipsch. 90 bucks to fix it and have it blow again? no thanks.

Darien

Platinum Member
Feb 27, 2002
Another? Ouch.

Promedia 5.1 Ultra owner here. No big problems so far *knocks on wood*

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: foghorn67

Maybe more moderate volume levels would be more conductive to you not going deaf anyway.

foghorn67

Lifer
Jan 3, 2006
Originally posted by: So

Maybe more moderate volume levels would be more conductive to you not going deaf anyway.

stop assuming. I never had these go past 40.
Even at moderate levels, it's too loud.

Futher

Golden Member
Jan 18, 2002
I bought the Promedia 5.1's when they came out a looong time ago. Amp blem last year, paid $60 for them to fix it. I didn't hear from them for over a month, then I get a package in the mail... a brand new COMPLETE set for 5.1 Ultra's. Now I have 5 extra speakers and a better amp. No problem with Klipsch here.

fire400

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2005
logitech...?

altec lansing?

well.. how about you just get a theather system from Walmart and grab some quality RCA cables, 3.5mm to RCA converter? hook it up, and it's over.

foghorn67

Lifer
Jan 3, 2006
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy
THAN! THAN!

Oh good lord... *cracks another :beer:*

Good God. I didn't know I was writing a thesis. It's a friggin post on ATOT. Take your grammar goon squad somewhere else.;)

Jun 27, 2005
THAN! THAN!

Good God. I didn't know I was writing a thesis. It's a friggin post on ATOT. Take your grammar goon squad somewhere else.;)

The grammar goon squad only comes out with the proper combination of alcohol and really, really, really, simple things that no intelligent person should ever mix up. (Note, I leave there, their, they're, your and you're alone) Then and than... wow.

Props for not fixing your title. You showed me...

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
THAN! THAN!

The grammar goon squad only comes out with the proper combination of alcohol and really, really, really, simple things that no intelligent person should ever mix up. (Note, I leave there, their, they're, your and you're alone) Then and than... wow.

Ya, seriously. It's not really grammar, it's just retardedness.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I loved the sound quality of my original Klipsch 4:1 system, then my amp blew as well ... Klipsch agreed to repair it at no charge to me other then round-trip shipping, so I went ahead & did it & I too got a new 5:1 system shipped back to me. Needless to say I was very happy with that, but then the amp in it blew out in approx 5 months & I never even cranked it up at all, plus the volume knob started making static in 2 months.

Klipsch speakers themselves are very good sounding, but based on my experience their amplifiers & controls could be a lot better.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I love Klipsch. Bought the ProMedia 5.1s and although my Amp blew 18 months after getting them, during the time I had them Klipsch changed the 1 year warranty to 2 years. On top of that, hey sent me the 5.1 Ultas as a replacement. If Klipsch truly sucked they'd have told ProMedia 5.1 owners, "Tough sh**"

pray4mojo

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2003
my klipsch promedia 2.1s are still good and strong after who knows how many years.

foghorn67

Lifer
Jan 3, 2006
THAN! THAN!

Can you do me a favor later on today? Go fvck yourself.

CVSiN

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2004

lol.. i had 3 sets of Ultras.. all blew thier amps..

on my 1st set of Logitech 5500s and had them for a year now and not one issue and i play them loud all the time..

will never buy another klipsch setup..

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Never heard of anyone blowing those tinny amps... oh well, at least you didn't pay 2000 for Bose :)

foghorn67

Lifer
Jan 3, 2006
Any ideas on what I can hookup the satellites to? I need another subwoofer/amp I would imagine.

Golgatha

Lifer
Jul 18, 2003
Originally posted by: giantpinkbunnyhead
I've only had the best luck with Klipsch. I'm actually about to re-do my whole home theatre setup with their work.

Hugs my Klipsch home theatre.