I hate Ebay!

TrueBlueLS

Platinum Member
Jul 13, 2001
A friend of mine has linked me to an auction in which I was going to bid on at the last minute on Ebay. I was amused to see no one had bid on it and felt that maybe I'd have a really good chance at winning this auction. I go to check on if anyone has bid and the idiot listing it extended it 3 more days! Is that possible?

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
Originally posted by: TrueBlueLS
A friend of mine has linked me to an auction in which I was going to bid on at the last minute on Ebay. I was amused to see no one had bid on it and felt that maybe I'd have a really good chance at winning this auction. I go to check on if anyone has bid and the idiot listing it extended it 3 more days! Is that possible?

That's a pretty good way to fvck with snipers heads... :)

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: djheater

That's a pretty good way to fvck with snipers heads... :)

Hell yeah... if I ever start selling stuff on eBay, I think I'll have to do that.

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
Originally posted by: UnoSigmaPi
Originally posted by: acemcmac
or you could just bid like a normal person....

i think it's normal to try and get it for as cheap as possibleable.

How does it makes it as cheap as possible? Your bid is for your maximum amount you are willing to pay, not the price you are actually going to pay.

TrueBlueLS

Platinum Member
Jul 13, 2001

You bid on something that's 8 times less than what you would have to buy it for at the dealership and watch it skyrocket after that.

aircooled

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
If you had actually bid on the item, then they cannot change the duration. sorry.

Linky

The information you can revise depends upon the time you have left before your listing ends and whether your item has had bids or purchases.

If your item has received no bids or purchases and does not end within 12 hours, you can revise anything in your listing except the selling format (for example, you can't change your auction-style listing to a fixed price listing).

If your item has received a bid, a purchase, or ends within 12 hours, you can only:
Add to the item description or add a second category
(Exception: If your listing has a bid and ends within 12 hours, you can't add to your description or add a second category)
Add optional seller features to increase your item's visibility.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
umm i see no reason why you did not bid on it at the time. there was hardly any time left, and no one had bid on it. obviously you should have atleast put the min bid in. its your fault, deal with it.

and yes, you can extend your auction if it has no hits ... legally.

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000

You bid on something that's 8 times less than what you would have to buy it for at the dealership and watch it skyrocket after that.

Well you're an idiot if you think you're going to get something for 8 times less than what you would normally have to pay for it. Just because the starting price is $1, doesn't mean you'll get $1 for it. I've got over 50 purchases on ebay, and all of them was a 'normal' bid: putting a max amount i'm willing to pay, and leave it at that. I don't understand people that incrementally bid over a few days, or those that hope to get it at the last minute with sniping. If you snipe and your price is lowered than what i bid on it, then you won't get it anyways. Sure, you might get a few things cheaper with sniping, but with all the things that can go wrong, including such things as the seller pulling the auction 15 mins before it ends, you're screwed.

BD2003

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
You cant do that on ebay....unless there was 24 hours left. Could be eight. Either way the guy is a fool, cause most bids dont come in until the last 5 minutes.