I HATE Earthlink dial-up service

Tateman1

Mar 19, 2000
I am glad I signed up for DSL service through Verizon!

Here is the short version of what happened. I canceled service in the 3rd week of September. Then Earthlink tried to bill me a second time for that month. I called, and they said "We have no record of that billing" next day it was gone from my bank account. No problem, mistakes happen.

Now, on October 5th we get another charge from Earthlink. This time, the money was already take dout of my bank account. I call customer service, and they give me the same line as before. Even the manager on duty said this, his name was Mike and he was a real @sshole. This time they tell me to call my back to make sure it was a charge from them. I called my bank, and yup the charge is from earthlink. Now I had to call earthlink back and they say "We still don't show anything in our records, and can not refund any money to you" I even gave them the extention to the lady I talked to at the bank, but they would not call. Eventually, I get to talk to a different manager. He then finds the information on another computer that shows we have been charged for the month of October. He finally agrees to contact the finance office to have this taken care of. He was a lot nicer than the first manager I spoke too.

Now keep in mind the wait times between calling the different customer service areas. It was at least an hour was spent on hold, and that elevator music they play could make you want to kill! :)

Well, this was a lot longer than I wanted it to be, and it is the short version! LOL! Just my two cents, I would never recommend anyone to this service. It was the worst dial-up service I have ever had.

Thanks for letting me rant,
Will