I hate cubicles

shuttleboi

Jul 5, 2004
Just started a new job. Does anyone here hate cubicles as much as I do?

And why would my company put the managers in cubicles? Now I don't even have the motivation to try to move up the corporate chain.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
yeah i do not miss them.

are the manages in bigger cubicles? thats what i usually see.

KillerCharlie

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2005
Ours are huge and don't have walls on 3 of the wides (the desks are connected in a row)... I can see a snow covered mountain range from my chair.

shuttleboi

Jul 5, 2004
Originally posted by: waggy
yeah i do not miss them.

are the manages in bigger cubicles? thats what i usually see.

No, they are in the same size cubicles as the engineers (I think).

sniperruff

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
don't see anything wrong with cubes. it saves space, and provides privacy and eliminates distractions.

plus, at least you have your own space. i don't. i miss my cube from my old job.

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
I dont mind cubicle life. It just sucks if you get stuck to some annoying coworker in the cubicle next door.

shuttleboi

Jul 5, 2004
Originally posted by: her209
I'd quit the same day.

Maybe I should have taken the job at Microsoft. At the location I interviewed at, they had two per office (with a closing door!).

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
i guess ours are technically "pods", it is a circular job with 3 spaces, my boss and the co-worker i collaborate the most with share a pod
so we each get 1/3 of the pod

the boss gets an extra tiny table with 2 chairs next to his part of the pod so he can "meet" with his minions :confused: it is pretty silly, he just goes to a meeting room to meet with people like everybody else

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: KillerCharlie
Ours are huge and don't have walls on 3 of the wides (the desks are connected in a row)... I can see a snow covered mountain range from my chair.

I have a view of the parking lot from my cube. Oh well, at least I have a window and a lot of privacy.

I have a corner cube with a view! :p

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Originally posted by: KillerCharlie

I have a view of the parking lot from my cube. Oh well, at least I have a window and a lot of privacy.

I have a corner cube with a view! :p

Before we moved office locations, my cubicle window was facing the Baltimore skyline from the highest point in Baltimore. It was really something, and how an intern landed that cubicle, I will never know.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: krunchykrome
Before we moved office locations, my cubicle window was facing the Baltimore skyline from the highest point in Baltimore. It was really something, and how an intern landed that cubicle, I will never know.
Sure you do but you'd never admit it. :p

Spydermag68

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2002
I hated the half height cubes that were at my first job....And I hated the job. My second job I had an office in the middle of the building, and then a cubical. Now I can look outside during the day. Or just nef the day away.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003

Maybe that's where the nickname 'Little Dave' came from? ;)

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
Originally posted by: Spydermag68
I hated the half height cubes that were at my first job....And I hated the job. My second job I had an office in the middle of the building, and then a cubical. Now I can look outside during the day. Or just nef the day away.

Yea, luckily, we have tall walls in our cubicles. The only thing I dont like is my nosey neighbor who always walks past my cubicle, and comes inside and starts touching all my crap and starts talking to me telling me every single thing he heard or read in the news that day. It got to the point where now, if he comes in and starts touching my stuff, I grab the item and hold it away from him like a child and just look him in the eyes. lol And when he starts talking to me, I pickup the phone and start dialing my gf. :D

The guy really is innapropriate. He's 60, and he just b!tches all day about life and his problems and he cusses all the time to himself. He needs to be fired, seriously.

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003

:laugh: hahahaha

I have another nickname.....white chocolate :laugh:

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003

I have another nickname.....white chocolate chip :laugh:

fixed :laugh:

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003

I have another nickname.....white chocolate chip :laugh:

fixed :laugh:

God damn you smart a$$ bicyclists

Rage187

Lifer
Dec 30, 2000
my office is the same way, 4 floors of cubes, managers get the same sized cubes as the underlings.

vital

Platinum Member
Sep 28, 2000
I have it worse. My back and my Dell widescreen FPW2005 LCD directly faces my bosses' office. I hate my cubicle. I always feel like I'm being watched.