I hate bad refs

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Just got back from a weekend-long volleyball tournament up at Penn State. We sucked the first day, but we managed to do well enough to move on and play Sunday. We were 2-2, and we only needed to split with the team we played next to move on to the playoffs(we play 2 games to 25, rally scoring). The ref was unbelievably pissed at our coach, for no reason. So he was making the worst calls...we lost the first game, second game we were up 16-11(pretty much in volleyball), and then the calls started....we ended up losing 25-23, all thanks to the ref. He called net violations between plays, he let the other team practically throw the ball and we practically weren't even allowed to hand-pass, and he even gave us a yellow card because someone had on an anklet that you could hardly even see, none of us knew it was there, and the kid had worn it all through the HS season last year, and all year so far this year, and no one cared....god this ref pissed me off.

zbalat

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Damn. I thought this thread was about heatware refs. My bad. Sorry about your luck.

MajesticMoose

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2000
I actually thought it was about bad nefs

that sucks man. Did you ever see that days inn commercial were the ref pour sugar all over the floor and he's wearing those cokebottle glasses. so true, yet so sad:(

Moose