I HATE ACTIVESYNC!

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
I know Howards Forums is the phone place, but there are too many threads there about Activesync and I couldn't find one to help me.

It use to work decent, now getting my phone to sync is daam near impossible. I'm running 4.5 (latest) I have no firewall, and I haven't made any software/hardware changes to my system.

Today I had to try to sync 10 times to get it to connect, typically it will time out and I have to reboot the phone. I'm not sure why my Motorola Q and XP won't play friendly but it's annoying to no end. Anyone else have ActiveSync woes?

I am really starting to hate stinking WM5

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
I have a Motorola Q, and the error doesn't have a # to go with it, I just see the green spinning icon when it's trying to sync up, and then I get the sound when it fails and the icon turns gray again. Hard to troubleshoot :)

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Originally posted by: QueBert
I have a Motorola Q, and the error doesn't have a # to go with it, I just see the green spinning icon when it's trying to sync up, and then I get the sound when it fails and the icon turns gray again. Hard to troubleshoot :)
Open ActiveSync on the Q. Go to Menu (or whatever the right soft button is on Smartphone OS), then status. Should have an error # there.

Are you syncing with an Exchange server?

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
no exchange server here, I mostly sync so I can tether, my XP won't let me use BlueTooth for some blasted reason so I can't tether thru BT.

I will check the ActiveSync on my handset, if that doesn't help I'm going to hard reset this stupid phone.