I had no idea the Soup Nazi was real person with a real restaurant.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Rivergater

Jan 15, 2002
the place is open 3 months out of the year... i guess the rest of the time, he travels and does other stuff. when he is open, the lines are really long.

btw, the soups are realy expensive... I'd rather go around the corner to wendy's and get a combo meal for half the price.

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Rivergater
the place is open 3 months out of the year... i guess the rest of the time, he travels and does other stuff. when he is open, the lines are really long.

btw, the soups are realy expensive... I'd rather go around the corner to wendy's and get a combo meal for half the price.

But, as a Seinfeld fanatic, I wouldn't mind spending extra cash to say I ate at the Soup Nazi's restaurant :D

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
I saw a him on Oprah (hey, my wife was watching when I came home from work, alright). Although he is an @sshole to his customers, he won some Oprah award for his charitable work.

GundamW

Golden Member
Feb 3, 2000
"No Soup for you. Come back one year."

hehe, I heard he actually hated the show and glad that it went off the air.

luv2chill

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2000
Yeah, I found that out a few years back. Apparently, he wasn't pleased with the parody (in typical Soup Nazi fashion).

I've never been to NYC, but when I do finally get over there, I will be making a pilgrimage to all the popular Seinfeld "locations". Monk's is first on the list (even though it's not really called that and the interiors were on a sound stage in LA). Gotta get my pic taken in front of that "Restaurant" sign.

Heh, too bad Kramer's not giving the "Real Peterman Reality Tour" anymore... that sounds like fun. Plus, free Mini 3 Musketeers! :D

Oh, and normajean, speaking of classic Kramer faces... the episode where he bets on flight arrivals with that guy at the airport... when Newman delivers the "collateral" (Son of Sam's mailbag) and says to Kramer "I hope you know what you're doing", Kramer flashes this totally nervous smile---it's brilliant... gets me rolling every time.

God I love that show.

l2c

syzygy

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2001
55th and what, damnit?

55th and 8th avenue, one block west of broadway, on the northeast side of 8th avenue. its a soup stand,
not a restaurant; absolutely no seating available. you just walk up, order one very expensive bowl of soup,
hopefully suffer some famous abuse from the nazi himself, and crawl away feeling like a normal new yawker.
dave letterman is 2 blocks away, on broadway, and central park is 4 blocks due north.

he opens his place seasonally. the abuse, the soup, and all that ends sometime in october.

if you manage to get there also pay a visit to the westerly health food store, one of the greatest emporiums
of righteous living anywhere - and no, i don't work there. its located one block north of the soup nazi, 54th
and 8th.

OSUdrunk

Apr 21, 2001
gazpacho, por favor

adios muchacho

There are so many subtleties in Seinfeld that are based off real life people or events but usually they go unnoticed by most people.

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
old news...

that eps brought forth a whole bunch of soup places in NYC. I like soup.