I had no idea Conan was this popular in South Korea:

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
Check out the vid:
http://teamcoco.com/content/conankorea

I'm a fan of Conan. His show is not syndicated at all in SK. His popularity comes entirely from fan subs uploaded in youtube.

Also his recent bit at a Korean Spa in LA Koreatown was a big hit there too.

Similar to his hour-long specials in Cuba & Armenia, Conan is filming a show in SK right now. Can't wait to see it!

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
Maybe it's the red hair? :p

Mostly joking.. but I've been to SK a few times and without fail women have commented (and ever asked to touch numerous times!) my red beard. For whatever reason it's very popular, likely due to scarcity? Sorry ladies ;)

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011

Mostly joking.. but I've been to SK a few times and without fail women have commented (and ever asked to touch numerous times!) my red beard. For whatever reason it's very popular, likely due to scarcity? Sorry ladies ;)

They say Conan's humor is far more relatable globally compared to other late night hosts.

His humor is far more visual and superficial, yet he's outright clever.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
I'm a fan of Conan and looking forward to the SK episodes. I'm going to Seoul for vacation in a month. The older I get, the more I love the country and the culture there.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com

you should sell tickets

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
You should see them play Starcraft. They eat that up like we can't even imagine.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

It's gotta be. Plus his super giant stature--especially in Korea. can't wait to see those shows. :D

I haven't watched Conan's TBS show much (don't even have TBS now), but I watch must of his stuff on Youtube. It is glorious. I loved him way back when and thought that leaving Late Night, he would never be as good...but I honestly think he's much better now.

The Armenia series was great as is everything he does with his staff. The Jordan Schlanksy bits have leave me rolling without fail.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
It's gotta be. Plus his super giant stature--especially in Korea. can't wait to see those shows. :D

I haven't watched Conan's TBS show much (don't even have TBS now), but I watch must of his stuff on Youtube. It is glorious. I loved him way back when and thought that leaving Late Night, he would never be as good...but I honestly think he's much better now.

The Armenia series was great as is everything he does with his staff. The Jordan Schlanksy bits have leave me rolling without fail.

His surprise at playing Tomb Raider when Lara gets her neck impaled is HIL-arious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF_D92uyGpw

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Loved Korea. Lived there for 2 years.

Most people are nice and welcoming. I did come across a few Korean men who cursed at me in Korean. You get that from time to time. There are a few that hate foreigners. Must be from the guys who are always hitting on their women.

Thailand was great as well. Don't know which was better.

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Loved Korea. Lived there for 2 years.

Most people are nice and welcoming. I did come across a few Korean men who cursed at me in Korean. You get that from time to time. There are a few that hate foreigners. Must be from the guys who are always hitting on their women.

Americans would never be rude to a foreigner!

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
This was on this past Saturday, IIRC, in the US of A. There should be a repeat Wednesday night which is when I'll get to see it.