I guess that this is really a question about Anandtech

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

gbrantner

Aug 27, 2004
I guess that some of you are right. Regardless as to whether it is requested or not, i don't guess any manufacturer is going to hand over things like their failure rates, etc. Many products have transferable warranties, and many do not. To me that info is as important as knowing whether its a lifetime warranty or not. Many of us buy and sell hardware all of the time. The FX processor that's in my PC was bought used, with 2 1/2 years of fully active, useable warranty on it. But I cannot expect everyone to operate on this high a level.

Just above, another post is a twist on my thoughts. If I can by 6 cards from eVGA, and have 3 of them be either DOA or bad in a couple of days, what does that say about eVGA's QA or QC programs? In software terms, thats the equivilent of your company getting 3 builds of their last six that render the system unusable upon implimentation. I am not in the hardware manufacturing industry so unfortunately I cannot suggest how they might improve their testing procedures. But it really is their responsibility to figure that out, not ours.

I should have posted questions and thoughts here long ago. I joined the site a few years ago, and research here frequently, but never ventured into the forums. The response has been by far the most interesting and diverse that I've seen. Whether you agree of disagree, thank you all for your thoughs.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Issues with factory OC'd NV7900 series cards from ALL vendors have been documented in the AT video forum, at [ H ], & the Inq.

This doesn't mean EVGA's warranty policy sucks as they arc the only ones that cover OC'ing & 3rd party coolers.

If you must have a transferable warranty try XFX. Although their service sucks from what I understand.

posted via Palm Life Drive