I guess I am getting old

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
I LOVE FPS games but Crysis is doing nothing for me.
I play and get bored after about 5 minutes.
I'll finish it but at this rate it's going to take awhile.

Let's stick with opinions related to the game people, not to other forum member point's of view, PC Gaming Mod Oakenfold

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
Originally posted by: pontifex
nah, its not you getting old, the game just sucks.

AHA the thread crapper has appeared!

OP, what difficulty are you playing on? If you like tactical movment (you die almost instantly if running out in front of enemies) play on Delta difficulty. If you like run&gun, try on easy.

I really liked Crysis. It's like Far Cry, but cooler.

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
I think it is an awesome game. If it wasn't for STALKER, I think it is the best SP FPS of 2007 (although the latter part of the game is not as good as the first half or so).

The nanosuit is awesome. AI is great, weapons are great, levels are great, graphics are great, even on low settings required by my not-so-powerful rig. The gameplay is quite open-ended. I mean, who doesn't like killing enemies by breaking the walls out of the building they are in so the roof collapses on them and wastes them? There is a lot of ways to approach a village or group of enemies. I've reloaded a save just to approach a place in a different style.

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
Tired of rehashing the same script. Go check the other 10 threads about Crysis sucking for replies.

TestedAcorn

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2007
My opinion is that while Crysis looked good, it lacked gameplay. I tried to play through it on my friends computer and I just got bored and started shooting trees and blowing stuff up. I really liked the demo and I played through it a bajillion times, but the final product was nowhere near as fun as i thought it would be. Hooray for super hype but bad gameplay!!! I bet if EA hadn't touched it, it'd be better.

mindcycle

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2008
IMO it was a fun game. I did like Far Cry a bit better if I remember right, but it was very much the same kind of experience for me. Not quite half-life 2 quality (story and gameplay wise), but the graphics are phenomenal and totally spoiled the first hour or so of COD4 for me. Which I played right after I beat Crysis.

novasatori

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
Originally posted by: oldsmoboat

Its the same way I play it.

Its a decent game, and fun, but I can't sit and play for more than an hour at a time.

Some day I'll finish, but I mostly just have fun playing around with the environment.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I haven't tried Crysis, but I am playing Bioshock and it seems pretty good.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Canai

OP, what difficulty are you playing on? If you like tactical movment (you die almost instantly if running out in front of enemies) play on Delta difficulty. If you like run&gun, try on easy.

How am I thread crapping when I'm agreeing with him?

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Yeah it didnt do much for me either. Lame story and lame combat.

DannyLove

Lifer
Oct 17, 2000

how am i not surprised this guy managed to find his way into this thread. Just stick with the Wow threads and save everyone the grief of reading your crap.

Danny, let's tone it down. PC Gaming Mod Oakenfold

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004

Because you always hate on crysis and good games in general without giving any valid reasons. Its always an "It sucks, bad game etc etc" response, never "Its simply not my type of game or it sucks because xxx". Most people seem to like crysis, that alone says the game dosent suck.

Crysis is a fantastic game, ive said it before and ill say it again, being he man, the predator and the roadrunner rolled into one guy in a far cry type environment is incredibly fun! I cant wait to play it again in a graphics card of the future.

Oakenfold

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Let's focus on the OP's statement not on other forum members view on why Crysis sucks or is uber mmmkay?

HannibalX

Diamond Member
May 12, 2000
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Crysis is boring. It's just a huge tech demo for the game engine and that's about it. I can only shoot so many Koreans on speed boats before I totally lose interest. Thats my opinion.

HannibalX

Diamond Member
May 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Oakenfold
Let's focus on the OP's question, not on other forum members view on why Crysis sucks or is uber mmmkay?

The OP didn't have a question, he made a statement about the game.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Soviet

Because you always hate on crysis and good games in general without giving any valid reasons. Its always an "It sucks, bad game etc etc" response, never "Its simply not my type of game or it sucks because xxx". Most people seem to like crysis, that alone says the game dosent suck.

Crysis is a fantastic game, ive said it before and ill say it again, being he man, the predator and the roadrunner rolled into one guy in a far cry type environment is incredibly fun! I cant wait to play it again in a graphics card of the future.

not all the time

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: DannyLove

how am i not surprised this guy managed to find his way into this thread. Just stick with the Wow threads and save everyone the grief of reading your crap.

why would i stick with WoW threads when i don't play the game? completely proves my point that some of you dumbasses don't even read this forum and just blindly follow what some other douchebag says because you want to be "cool"

Pontifex, let's tone it down. PC Gaming Mod Oakenfold

Oakenfold

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Pale Rider
Originally posted by: Oakenfold
Let's focus on the OP's question, not on other forum members view on why Crysis sucks or is uber mmmkay?

The OP didn't have a question, he made a statement about the game.

You are correct sir, it was 5:30am, I plead that I should have been in bed.
:)

Anyhow I'm trying to say let's not turn this into a crapfest. Say what you want about the game, let's just not personally attack people.

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
Originally posted by: DannyLove

why would i stick with WoW threads when i don't play the game? completely proves my point that some of you dumbasses don't even read this forum and just blindly follow what some other douchebag says because you want to be "cool"

:laugh:

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001

I didn't like it either... I got bored after half an hour =\. It was more of a demo to see how purdy my 8800GTX could make things. I've never done well with the hybrid tactical + run and gun shooters. I love Rainbow Six and Unreal (Tournament), but I've never liked them mixed, which is what Crysis feels like.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004

I understand. The only thing that keeps me in the game is that the graphics are very pretty. And of course the world is quite large which gives that "free" feeling.

Aside from that it's just another repetitive shooter.
If I waited a year it probably wouldn't be worth playing at all.

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
Heck I don't even want to try any of these new shooters anymore; I've played too many of them.

Coldkilla

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2004

and I guess brainless shooters like cod4 get most peoples attention.. the most brainless crap of all time...

LOUISSSSS

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2005
i didn't find the game very good either. i found COD4 much more fun and playing cod4 for the 2nd time and didn't even finish crysis yet.