I grow tired and annoyed of computers...

empleat

Sep 3, 2018
This is kinda vent, while i am not even complaining, just being real and saying facts... I am not in a good mood, after whole day gutting pc, so don't perfect grammar...

Having some insane bad luck. 2 monitors in a row faulty, from 2 different computer shops. They were 2 biggest computer specialized shops in my country with rating 99.9% of positive votes on review site! Then i got motherboard with a faulty socket lever. And yet my next motherboard seem to have faulty PCI-E and it showed to be total trash in many ways! I had to take apart 2 computers and one has small case, i have large hands. Yet my old mobo doesn't have PCI-E aligned with slots on case and i cannot even put there new GPU, it is mobo issue. Same issue in 2 cases. Who does that, motherboards should be all same by ATX specification. So no matter of the case, you know where would be top point of case opening for PCI-E cards, from just by looking on motherboard. How these manufacturers can be so incompetent to misplace PCI-E slot. Well it was old mobo, probably meant to office and it was fine for my old pc. So this i could yet excuse somehow...

Never had problem before except with one GPU i had to claim warranty on 3 times and some problem with pc restarting, which they told me was PSU. But then it stopped and i use it to this day...

But 2 faulty monitors in a row. And ASUS motherboards are trash. They don't have even updated manual and how to install RAM is wrong there, you would destroy your ram doing it like that... And they overvolt CPU. And even their 500+$ motherboards suffer drop 1ms DPC latency issues... Also they suffer from cracking sound, which is not even caused by DPC latency on their mobos many times! It is so bad. Also i heard literal horror stories from their support... Even it were probably coincidences, still... Also they don't listen to community and if you ask, they will make up excuses. Worst experience ever ASUS... Also my motherboard z390-i gaming had so large I/O shield that i couldn't even connect my GPU and was forced to vertical mount. But this was not written on their website. I read all their documents and read many reviews and didn't hear about it. Then support showed me some document, where it said, that mobo supports max 1060, lmao 250$ mobo, which has in name gaming, did it occur to them, people will want to put there more than 1060??? And i checked all documents after that, it was nowehere written... Literal scam... Now i am forced to shitmount, which i have to clean from dust every week and it is probably causing my undervolt issue, or that trash mobo. Hope it is mobo, so i can get my money back. ASUS SO traaaaaash!!!

Dude i have literally worst RNG... I am on streak 4 by now of faulty components in a row... Also i bought reduction recently DVI to HDMI and cable couldn't even fit there... So stupid... What isn't broken. And i picked all components very carefully and invested a lot of time into that. Problem is picking mobo is total coinflipp. Also it is unbeliveable how much mouse movement differ from mobo to mobo. There are so many features, which can affect input lag in BIOS and some are locked and set improperly...

BTW anandtech is MVP! They measure DPC latency on motherboards. And getting more attention to it! Thanks Anandtech!!! As it is literal coinflipp buying a new motherboard! Even ASUS 500$+ motherboards suffer from 1ms DPC latency, LMAO... Also we have 8k mouse now, no motherboard has even drivers optimized to handle mouse polls enough quickly. And by that i mean: these badly coded drivers will generate tons of DPC latency! Also time resolution is only in 0.5ms intervals. Which is biggest bottleneck! Manufacturers don't even test DPC latency and they don't care... Maybe something will change, once there will be 500hz monitors... You can also notice, manufacturers will put least amount of information on their sites and omit important information and try to confuse you with marketing tricks... And AOC sends even faulty monitors, but remove overdrive, which causes ghosting, so reviewers can't give it bad score, joke... Or even pro players will lie for money sometimes and praise product for what it is not! I don't fall for marketing tricks. And read reviews from multiple sources. But i bought that AOC monitor, because i didn't think all reviewers would lie. BUt it showed AOC is scum and does unfair business practices...

So i am like annoyed, even from all information out there. You can't even pick good motherboard on input lag. As no one test these features in BIOS, but they make huge difference. I was high ranked in 2 competitive games, i can tell and even empirically test myself on input lag, with blur busters input lag ab test and i could tell difference on mouse movement even at 6 ms, 23/25 times correct... Also these manufacturers have no brain. Why motherboard is so close to case? You can't literally connect CPU cable once motherboard is on, if you need to do something like change psu, you have to take apart mobo... Also standoffs are pain, they could include tool on that in package... Since i got big tower, assembling pc is much easier, i can take out top side and connect CPU modular cable. But still some things are bad. Like my case has psu shroud which cannot be taken off. So you want add one modular cable perhaps, when you get more disks, but then you have to take out whole psu, otherwise it is inaccessible... Also backside is still too small, having trouble to close back panel, while cables are spread...

I don't understand shills defending corporations... While in 2050 we will be literally slaves to corporatocracy. We are losing freedom. And literally in my country e.g. corporation sell there cheapest food, only care about price. Which is worse than cigarettes! And from long time, they used our country like lab rats for doing tests, to determine how they should sell foods in other country. If you don't agree you are naive, corporations and elitists are just criminals and belongs into prison... It was proven over and over, they want to dumb you down and enslave you. Also big food companies lobby against studies, which proven sugar is unhealthy in large amounts... They are literal criminals and belong into prison, they have no shame, or coinsciouness, they are literal psychopaths... Also every industry is only about making more money and to satisfy investors...

TL:DR computers are pain in ass and failure rate is high AF nowadays, only problems... What i need to do to get working computer, u can buy top tier PSU, or what and still have problems. Literal coinflipp. I would have to know every chip and every tiny part in motherboard to even being able to decide, it is so coinflipp. SO many things you can't predict which can go wrong... I am tired of taking PC apart all time, is that too much to ask, if you spend huge sum of money for working computer, not being broken in 20 ways from start???

Last edited:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Demand is high, theres always people who want easy profits so they crank out inferior quality products to meet demand.
These days you need to spend a little bit more for something that won't arrive broken or break quickly. I learned a long time ago you can skimp on just about everything, except monitors. Always buy quality monitors.

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
2019 was a good year for PC....then 2020 and demand was super high so quality slipped.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Lol reminds me of my luck. I have the most horrid luck when building PCs yet I always go back to that, vs prebuilt. My current setup is probably the most stable and usable setup I've had in YEARS and the funny part is the hardware I'm running on was quickly thrown together to run a mining rig which I then retired then ended up using as my previous machine refused to play nice with add-on GPUs. The only quirk I'd say is my 4k setup is not as good as it should be, considering I'm running a fairly high end video card. If I try to run them both at 60hz all hell breaks loose and one of them will flicker and act all weird. Basically connecting/disconnecting itself non stop. I think it's more a Linux issue. Linux has lot of issues with GPU drivers and is always hit and miss as to if things will work right. So I had to set them to 30hz to make them play nice, which is a worse refresh rate than what I had in year 2001. But it's oddly still usable, I only notice if watching a video with lot of fast movement. I don't use this PC for gaming.

empleat

Sep 3, 2018
Demand is high, theres always people who want easy profits so they crank out inferior quality products to meet demand.
These days you need to spend a little bit more for something that won't arrive broken or break quickly. I learned a long time ago you can skimp on just about everything, except monitors. Always buy quality monitors.
Yeah like 500$ EIZO monitor? :D Oh shit DVI cable won't hold there. While i had x monitors previously no problem and it goes from both sides to GPU!

And in case of motherbord, you can buy even 500$+ one and it can still suffer from DPC latency. I would have to have degree from computer science, yet work at nvidia and intel, or amd. To know exactly how everything works, so i can calculate probability, of each tiny part failing... Still would be luck...

I think it's more a Linux issue. Linux has lot of issues with GPU drivers and is always hit and miss as to if things will work right.
Yeah tell me about that, i tried install 3 hours drivers. Even highly upvoted superuser solution didn't work and then i was stuck in ui, instead of gui. Because upvoted hotkey didn't work. And i didn't even managed to install drivers on fedora. Tried multiple solutions, even from nvidia support, nothing worked... And about that issue, i am getting, google found like 1 site, otherwise everything was useless. Linux is only for specific use, it is not suited for daily use. Unless you want to spend hours trying to fix every miniscule issue, that appears... And Windows is also so. I got update and my screen was flickering at login. I booted usb and hahaha windows folder was gone :)

BTW i expected only people will flame. I guess anandtech = people with brain. Other forums = positive fake people...