I gots me a bag full of ants! *With Pix!*

Eug

Lifer
Mar 11, 2000
Heh. When I got the bag I thought, "Why is he sending me seaweed?" Then I thought "Oh it must be tea".

And then I noticed that the pix of ants were true to what was actually in the package. :confused: The package says "Big Black Ants".

Eug

Lifer
Mar 11, 2000
Originally posted by: RallyMaster
wait, we eat these things?

<- Chinese
I can't read much of the back of the package, but it seems like they're promoting it as some sort of health "food".

Dirigible

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2006
I had a friend from Colombia. After their most recent trip home, they brought back some treats and I got to sample roasted ants the size of peanuts. They were pretty good. Don't know how Chinese ants would stack up - the ones in that bag look smaller.

Eug

Lifer
Mar 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Dirigible
I had a friend from Colombia. After their most recent trip home, they brought back some treats and I got to sample roasted ants the size of peanuts. They were pretty good. Don't know how Chinese ants would stack up - the ones in that bag look smaller.
These are about the size of the bigger ones you find in North American backyards.

Originally posted by: doze
Ummmm ... tell us how they taste?
Heh. The bag remains unopened. :p

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
You're suppose to soak 'em in your spirit of choice and drink it. Or grind it to powder and add it to your favorite food. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. BTW, that's not the only insect they eat.

Mikey

Golden Member
Jun 16, 2006
I hear they taste kinda sour or lemony or so. I know this is like popcorn in some south american countries. I'm the type who likes to try new things, but god forbid me from eating ants. The only way I would possibly eat one is if it were beer battered and deep fried and topped with tobasco.

SampSon

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
Originally posted by: her209
Chocolate covered ants = delicious
Remove the ant portion and it's still delicious
Remove the chocolate portion and it's not so much.

moral of the story (regarding chocolate covered ants): Chocolate tastes good.

mitaiwan82

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Eug
Originally posted by: RallyMaster
wait, we eat these things?

<- Chinese
I can't read much of the back of the package, but it seems like they're promoting it as some sort of health "food".

damn simplified chinese

/traditional ftw