I got screwed out of $2500

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PowerMac4Ever

Banned
Dec 9, 2000
Originally posted by: jmcoreymv
I just think that they should pay out any money that was agreed upon at the time. If they want to cut the program, thats fine, but they should do it for the current year and not the past. I needed this scholarship to cover my tuition, now im screwed.
You know what I think? I think you just created this thread to brag about your AP scores.
Edit: oh, and good job... seriously.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
I just think that they should pay out any money that was agreed upon at the time. If they want to cut the program, thats fine, but they should do it for the current year and not the past. I needed this scholarship to cover my tuition, now im screwed.

sheesh stop whinning. They owe you nothing. you are out nothing.

get a loan, or a job or wait a year and save up some money. nobody owes you nothing.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
You probably were not promised it in the fine print, where it said "subject to available funding" or similar.

Taxpayers decided not to give you their money, so unfortunately no funding for you. Like beer says, get a loan. Or cut back on luxuries like a cell phone, car rice, designer-logo clothes, PC upgrades you don't really need. Or get a part-time job.

toant103

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
California had a scholarship fund where they would give you a grant of $2500 towards tuition if you scored a 4 or a 5 on both a AP Calc test and an AP Science test. I got a 5 on both AP Calc BC and Physics C, and I called to claim the grant for the upcoming tuition and they said they are out of money...WTF

ask the new gov

LordMorpheus

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2002
California had a scholarship fund where they would give you a grant of $2500 towards tuition if you scored a 4 or a 5 on both a AP Calc test and an AP Science test. I got a 5 on both AP Calc BC and Physics C, and I called to claim the grant for the upcoming tuition and they said they are out of money...WTF

Cali hasn't had money in a while . . .

Maybe the guvernator will fix that . . . . HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!

plk21

Feb 14, 2002
You really aren't getting screwed, you just are not getting a GIFT from your neighbors.

You've got to get oout of heah! De scholaships, dey are running out! You've got to get out of heah!"