I got my Sennheiser CX300's, my review

Azndude51

Platinum Member
Sep 26, 2004
I have owned both the EX51 and EX71. The 51's right bud stopped working and the 71's rubber cord has almost completely come off. I decided to buy Sennheiser's CX-300 canalphones to replace them and I am so happy I did.

First of all, the sound quality is better in almost every way. The mids and highs are clearer and the bass is even thumpier than the Sonys yet somehow remains very clean.
One reason I really like the Sonys is because they have the J style, assymetric cord. It allowed me to hang the earphones around my neck when not listening. The Sennheisers have the same thing, yet the cord and earbuds are A LOT lighter and I can barely feel them hanging.

They only real negatives I can think of are the higher price and shorter cord than both the Sonys. I have no problem with the shorter length, but some people might. They also might miss the cord extender and case from the EX71SL's. Also, while I'm nitpicking I will also mention that the CX300's plug isn't gold plated and is slightly larger than the Sonys'. One more thing, the Sennheisers don't come in white.