I get conservative guys point about public assistance

Page 24 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 12, 2004
Poor people have no power to wage class warfare, not until they turn to revolution. They don't fund institutes, think tanks, donor networks, PAC's or Teahadist non-profits. They barely even vote.
Poor people have plenty of proxies willing to fight their battles for them, though most often they are used as pawns to further those group's agenda. And they do often seem to vote Democrat, so that group supports them as well, because it's all about the votes. Repubs are no better in supporting groups that will vote for them but, ultimately, there's not much difference in the pandering.

It's about public assistance. There wouldn't be any if Rich Repubs had their way.
Pure speculation and it makes an assinine assumption that all Repubs are only self-interested assholes with no concern about the plight of their fellow man.

Let's face it Jhhnn. If all rich Dems were seriously concerned about poor people they could simply put their massive wealth into programs that eliminated poverty. Right? Have we seen a single super-rich lefty do that. Have you? Shouldn't you rag on them for NOT doing that? After all, you despise richie-rich so much.

Or not. Maybe it's purely political bias? Hmm. /chin rub

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
I think it's generally true that the right has less empathy than the left. But like I always tell my kids, the world doesn't owe you a dime, be ready to bring something to the table before you demand anything for yourself. If anything, the left errs on the side of giving empathy to the undeserving, and the right errs on the side of being too judgmental. The way between is narrow and fraught with error; in my fairly long life I've seen injustice on both sides of that equation.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
I think it's generally true that the right has less empathy than the left. But like I always tell my kids, the world doesn't owe you a dime, be ready to bring something to the table before you demand anything for yourself. If anything, the left errs on the side of giving empathy to the undeserving, and the right errs on the side of being too judgmental. The way between is narrow and fraught with error; in my fairly long life I've seen injustice on both sides of that equation.
The left views poor people as pets, we view them as individual human beings.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Poor people have plenty of proxies willing to fight their battles for them, though most often they are used as pawns to further those group's agenda. And they do often seem to vote Democrat, so that group supports them as well, because it's all about the votes. Repubs are no better in supporting groups that will vote for them but, ultimately, there's not much difference in the pandering.

Pure speculation and it makes an assinine assumption that all Repubs are only self-interested assholes with no concern about the plight of their fellow man.

Let's face it Jhhnn. If all rich Dems were seriously concerned about poor people they could simply put their massive wealth into programs that eliminated poverty. Right? Have we seen a single super-rich lefty do that. Have you? Shouldn't you rag on them for NOT doing that? After all, you despise richie-rich so much.

At long last, the one true Liberal resorts to the "Write a Check!" routine popularized by Limbaugh as he white knights for greed.

Reactions: Azuma Hazuki
Sep 12, 2004
At long last, the one true Liberal resorts to the "Write a Check!" routine popularized by Limbaugh as he white knights for greed.
iow, you have absolutely no reasoning to explain why rich liberals don't resolve the plight of the poor.

Limbaugh? Hasn't that drug fueled misogynist been long gone? I didn't give a shit about him in the 80s, because I thought he was a dolt, and I surely don't have the least care about his washed-up ass now. Nice try though.

So where are the rich lefties to cure all the ills of the poor?

Admit it Jhhnn. You'll protect the rich on your side. So it's all about your bias. That's all I wanted to make clear. You don't really hate the rich, as long as they support your ideology.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
iow, you have absolutely no reasoning to explain why rich liberals don't resolve the plight of the poor.

Limbaugh? Hasn't that drug fueled misogynist been long gone? I didn't give a shit about him in the 80s, because I thought he was a dolt, and I surely don't have the least care about his washed-up ass now. Nice try though.

So where are the rich lefties to cure all the ills of the poor?

Admit it Jhhnn. You'll protect the rich on your side. So it's all about your bias. That's all I wanted to make clear. You don't really hate the rich, as long as they support your ideology.

As if Rich Democrats are directing congressional efforts to cut rich people's taxes at the expense of a lot of working people's benefits. They raised their own taxes to fund the ACA & a myriad of other programs.

Sep 12, 2004
As if Rich Democrats are directing congressional efforts to cut rich people's taxes at the expense of a lot of working people's benefits. They raised their own taxes to fund the ACA & a myriad of other programs.
The uber-rich Democrats don't need to lead the charge. They have their lackeys, like you. And they know this. It gives them power to hold on to their money with impunity while people like you defend them, because...same political party.

Keep on believing that you matter and that some guy on the left that drives a Veyron or a Ferrari feels you.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The uber-rich Democrats don't need to lead the charge. They have their lackeys, like you. And they know this. It gives them power to hold on to their money with impunity while people like you defend them, because...same political party.

Keep on believing that you matter and that some guy on the left that drives a Veyron or a Ferrari feels you.

If they lived by FYGM & if they begrudged the govt of the people what they pay in taxes they'd be Republicans.

Azuma Hazuki

Golden Member
Jun 18, 2012
Speaking from the perspective of 30-some-odd years ago, they are Republicans, which is to say, they are what Republicans were in the Gordon Gekko era. The Overton Window has shifted so far right that Reagan would have a difficult time running as a Democrat today, let alone a Republican.

Democrats are Republicans. Republicans are the obese, low-T, beardless Christian version of the Taliban.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Speaking from the perspective of 30-some-odd years ago, they are Republicans, which is to say, they are what Republicans were in the Gordon Gekko era. The Overton Window has shifted so far right that Reagan would have a difficult time running as a Democrat today, let alone a Republican.

Democrats are Republicans. Republicans are the obese, low-T, beardless Christian version of the Taliban.

Please. That explains the 2016 Democratic platform, the ACA & a whole shitpile of other social welfare programs not at all.

You've been concern trolled by the alt-right & the Russians & you don't even realize it.

Azuma Hazuki

Golden Member
Jun 18, 2012
The ACA was largely a sop to the insurance companies and most of the social welfare programs are 1) insufficient, 2) neutered, especially after what Bill Clinton did to them in the mid 90s, and 3) constantly under attack. They persist mainly due to inertia rather than heartfelt support from politicians, I suspect; they're seen as a kind of begrudgingly-maintained "guillotine insurance."

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The ACA was largely a sop to the insurance companies and most of the social welfare programs are 1) insufficient, 2) neutered, especially after what Bill Clinton did to them in the mid 90s, and 3) constantly under attack. They persist mainly due to inertia rather than heartfelt support from politicians, I suspect; they're seen as a kind of begrudgingly-maintained "guillotine insurance."

And behind door #2 we have Trump & the Repubs. We can either build enough consensus to win against them or we can just chew on our own leg following your lead.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Proof that rich Republicans are "flogging" politicians to obtain some ultimately insignificant (to them) tax cut?

Your hatred is running rampant, Jhhnn. You should see someone about that.

And speaking of hatred, someone in here recently mentioned Stornfront. It got me thinking about racial commentary. Now imagine this - Imagine if I went off the rails with hatred about rich Black people. For that matter, imagine if I went off the rails about poor Black people. And it doesn't have to be Black people. Hypothetically it could be Latinos or Asians.

So why are people allowed to go off the rails about rich White people or poor White people in P&N with impunity? It's still racist. It's racist as hell. That's when I realized that P&N is Stormfront Lite for some lefties in here. The racial targets are changed, but the hate is the same. So why is racially-based hate permitted in this place, regardless of the target? It's still racism, regardless.

Just a thought for the race baiters in here like AgentOaf and a few others.

Some of the very same peeps that frequently levy charges of racism need to check themselves.

"The anti-segregationists and such going after the whites were the Real racists." --Stormfront racists

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006

Does Bill Gates count?

Sep 12, 2004
If they lived by FYGM & if they begrudged the govt of the people what they pay in taxes they'd be Republicans.

My bad. I misread your reply. I actually though you were making a statement that wasn't a rehash of the same thing you've already said 20 times in this thread. I should've known better.

Sep 12, 2004
"The anti-segregationists and such going after the whites were the Real racists." --Stormfront racists
I've never actually been to Stormfront because I find it to be an icky concept. However, you appear to know a lot about them. Did they accept your membership application? Because there's a chance you might actually be a Stormfront plant, trolling for membership.

So thanks for the solicitation, but I'll pass. I don't care for racists or race-baiters. imo, they are one in the same.

Azuma Hazuki

Golden Member
Jun 18, 2012
Stormfront isn't something new. You can, as it were, wear the sheet and hood within and not actually be registered there.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
I've never actually been to Stormfront because I find it to be an icky concept. However, you appear to know a lot about them. Did they accept your membership application? Because there's a chance you might actually be a Stormfront plant, trolling for membership.

So thanks for the solicitation, but I'll pass. I don't care for racists or race-baiters. imo, they are one in the same.

"People mocking stormfront types are the Real stormfronters" --stormfront water boys

Status
Not open for further replies.