I get conservative guys point about public assistance

Page 23 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Sep 12, 2004
Hardly any surprise this is the same argument typically made by fans of the n-word or any number of racial slurs that it wasn't for racists because it had some other connotation previously:

"The Oxford English Dictionary traces the first English use to 1577, "the Nigers of Aethiop", translated from the Spanish los negros in Ethiopia. Other early spellings attested include "nigor" and "Nigre"; the first spelling of "the 'n' word" is in 1608. The OED offers as its first definition "Used by people who are not black as a relatively neutral (or occasionally positive) term, with no specifically hostile intent" and notes that early citations "expressing patronizing views, reflect underlying attitudes rather than a hostile use of the word itself".
The n-word? Aren't you desperately flailing around all while raging and foaming at the mouth?

The only n-word I use is "nutjob," and it perfectly applies to you. Thanks for continuing to make these massive belly-flops from the high platform at the crazy town pool though. It's been extremely entertaining.

PSA: The only thing you're proving here is that you are a troll, and not a particularly good one. But continue. I expect plenty more belly-flops from you. Keep making a spectacle of yourself.

Sep 12, 2004
I do love it. You give me the "that's just one guy!" routine when it's not, then actually try to use literally one guy in rebuttal.

It seems obvious that only a few Repub Senators have any qualms about fucking the poors, same as it ever was.
There are a couple of differences Jhhnn. First of all, I'm not going to dismiss you with a wave of the hand and tell you there are more than just one, and that all you have to do is google the info. Unlike you, I can actually provide a link:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/27/politics/senators-health-care-trump-heller/index.html

Secondly, my link is from the MSM, not some obscure website that you probably had to hunt down from page 2 or 3 on google while you were desperately trying to back up your overblown claims.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
There are a couple of differences Jhhnn. First of all, I'm not going to dismiss you with a wave of the hand and tell you there are more than just one, and that all you have to do is google the info. Unlike you, I can actually provide a link:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/27/politics/senators-health-care-trump-heller/index.html

Secondly, my link is from the MSM, not some obscure website that you probably had to hunt down from page 2 or 3 on google while you were desperately trying to back up your overblown claims.

Are you disputing the accuracy of the article I linked? It's easy enough to find other sources offering the same thing, quoting the same people. Cross checking is a near trivial part of getting accurate information at this point as I'm sure you discovered.

I acknowledged that a few Repub Senators have some qualms about the bill. Not that they mind fucking the poors- they just fear the consequences. They're obviously an extreme minority or McConnell wouldn't be leaning on them as hard as he has been. It's obvious that the Repub HOR has even fewer qualms given the nature of their own bill. Only ~10% voted against it.

Sep 12, 2004
Are you disputing the accuracy of the article I linked? It's easy enough to find other sources offering the same thing, quoting the same people. Cross checking is a near trivial part of getting accurate information at this point as I'm sure you discovered.
Yes, I'm disputing that accuracy. If it's so easy to provide verification, feel free to do so. Your lack of doing so, twice, sets off some alarms.

I acknowledged that a few Repub Senators have some qualms about the bill. Not that they mind fucking the poors- they just fear the consequences. They're obviously an extreme minority or McConnell wouldn't be leaning on them as hard as he has been. It's obvious that the Repub HOR has even fewer qualms given the nature of their own bill. Only ~10% voted against it.
Do you realize how many Republican Senators are in districts with poor GOP voters who will be screwed over by this bill? We all know that you love to sell the story that GOP interests are all about the rich mofos, but that's not really true, is it Jhhnn?

But, you have to sell your own party by bending the facts, don't you? Whereas I'm not a member of either party. Out of the two of us, guess who is the least biased? Apparently you haven't figured that out yet.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
The n-word? Aren't you desperately flailing around all while raging and foaming at the mouth?

The only n-word I use is "nutjob," and it perfectly applies to you. Thanks for continuing to make these massive belly-flops from the high platform at the crazy town pool though. It's been extremely entertaining.

PSA: The only thing you're proving here is that you are a troll, and not a particularly good one. But continue. I expect plenty more belly-flops from you. Keep making a spectacle of yourself.

I would definitely say that "n---er" as a racial slur was made for klanfolk to self-identify against the black race. Similarly you preferred "welfare queen" as a racial slur was made for klanfolk to self-identify against the black race after "n---er" was forcibly taken from them. Now because modern klansmen don't like to be considered racist (the preferred nomenclature is race realist) they often like to argue the racial slurs they use are really something else, like some other guy who said "n---er" or "welfare queen" before they adopted it for their own purpose. Looks pretty clear where you fit into that.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Yes, I'm disputing that accuracy. If it's so easy to provide verification, feel free to do so. Your lack of doing so, twice, sets off some alarms.

Do you realize how many Republican Senators are in districts with poor GOP voters who will be screwed over by this bill? We all know that you love to sell the story that GOP interests are all about the rich mofos, but that's not really true, is it Jhhnn?

But, you have to sell your own party by bending the facts, don't you? Whereas I'm not a member of either party. Out of the two of us, guess who is the least biased? Apparently you haven't figured that out yet.

Here's the same thing from the AP--

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...anks-closed-republicans-healthcare-tax-reform

NY Mag-

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...ed-to-pass-trumpcare-to-appease-its-base.html

Chicago Tribune-

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...-donors-health-care-taxes-20170626-story.html

Fox-

http://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...-with-lack-progress-on-taxes-health-care.html

Bet that a lot of ultra-right spending in the midterms will be in primary races- against Repubs who vote against tax cuts.

Never underestimate the gullibility of Repub voters, particularly their primary voters. Witness Trump.

I realize that Repub constituencies will be hurt by any sort of "reform" they may pass. Even those constituencies seem to realize it, give the polling.

Sep 12, 2004
I would definitely say that "n---er" as a racial slur was made for klanfolk to self-identify against the black race. Similarly you preferred "welfare queen" as a racial slur was made for klanfolk to self-identify against the black race after "n---er" was forcibly taken from them. Now because modern klansmen don't like to be considered racist (the preferred nomenclature is race realist) they often like to argue the racial slurs they use are really something else, like some other guy who said "n---er" or "welfare queen" before they adopted it for their own purpose. Looks pretty clear where you fit into that.
Maybe you didn't notice, but you're the only one tossing the n-word around in here.

You probably also didn't notice that the second response in this thread employed the term Welfare Queen, which is why I used it. I didn't see you frothing at the mouth at THAT poster. But everyone in here knows what you're problem is, besides being a complete and utter moron.

So continue to trollololol. Nobody is laughing with you, they're laughing at your pathetic behavior; because you are acting like an angry little 14 year old punk lashing out. You're merely reinforcing that there's a reason I call you AgentIdiot.

Sep 12, 2004
Here's the same thing from the AP--

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...anks-closed-republicans-healthcare-tax-reform

NY Mag-

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...ed-to-pass-trumpcare-to-appease-its-base.html

Chicago Tribune-

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...-donors-health-care-taxes-20170626-story.html

Fox-

http://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...-with-lack-progress-on-taxes-health-care.html

Bet that a lot of ultra-right spending in the midterms will be in primary races- against Repubs who vote against tax cuts.

Never underestimate the gullibility of Repub voters, particularly their primary voters. Witness Trump.

I realize that Repub constituencies will be hurt by any sort of "reform" they may pass. Even those constituencies seem to realize it, give the polling.
Those articles seem like the same AP article rehashed and they all still only talk about one guy beating that particular drum. It's not exactly as if there are a majority of GOPers threatening to pull political funding, or even a decent minority of them. Sorry, bud, but you're making a mountain out of a molehill. But you did manage to find some MSM links. Congrats on that.

And I hope the Repubs gut themselves if they don't get the tax cuts and healthcare bills passed. I hope they gut themselves if they do get the bills passed. However, the simple fact right now is that the GOP has control and the Dems have a MAJOR uphill battle to wrest even a portion of that control back.

Azuma Hazuki

Golden Member
Jun 18, 2012
The Dems aren't gonna get shit, at least nothing long-lasting, until they flush out the last 45 years of class treason they've committed.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Maybe you didn't notice, but you're the only one tossing the n-word around in here.

You probably also didn't notice that the second response in this thread employed the term Welfare Queen, which is why I used it. I didn't see you frothing at the mouth at THAT poster. But everyone in here knows what you're problem is, besides being a complete and utter moron.

So continue to trollololol. Nobody is laughing with you, they're laughing at your pathetic behavior; because you are acting like an angry little 14 year old punk lashing out. You're merely reinforcing that there's a reason I call you AgentIdiot.

^ Pretty quintessential angry 14 year old punk post.

Sep 12, 2004
Awww. Did I touch a nerve in the angwy widdle AgentIdiot?

lol

Man it's so much fun owning you. I'm not angry at all, I'm laughing at you, yet you are clueless. And I'm probably not the only one.

But please continue. You seem to be a glutton for ridicule and punishment.

Azuma Hazuki

Golden Member
Jun 18, 2012
Please tell me this kind of stupid is some kind of prion disease and the only way I can catch it is if I eat your spinal cord or something. Please tell me it's not airborne...

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016

lol

Man it's so much fun owning you. I'm not angry at all, I'm laughing at you, yet you are clueless. And I'm probably not the only one.

Even among the degens it takes a special type to look at Svnla's posts and say I wanna be like that guy.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Even among the degens it takes a special type to look at Svnla's posts and say I wanna be like that guy.

Gotta love how you got OWNED in public like a low life bitch by another poster and then your come back line was to pull me into your pathetic "defense".

I will put this right here, again, so the readers can see your own words, how pathetic you are.

https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/high-chance-of-china-taiwan-war.2499383/#post-38743019

Oh, still no evidence about your multiple accusations of other posters such as SNC, glrider, etc? Of course, nothing. Just like your intellectual brain power.

The empty drum is the loudest one indeed. Keep up the good work, chump. Show the whole world what you are capable of. Continue to pull the race card and "n****" word. Nice going.

LOL.

Last edited:

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Gotta love how you got OWNED in public like a low life bitch by another poster and then your come back line was to pull me into your pathetic "defense".

I will put this right here, again, so the readers can see your own words, how pathetic you are.

https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/high-chance-of-china-taiwan-war.2499383/#post-38743019

Oh, still no evidence about your multiple accusations of other posters such as SNC, glrider, etc? Of course, nothing. Just like your intellectual brain power.

The empty drum is the loudest one indeed. Keep up the good work, chump. Show the whole world what you are capable of. Continue to pull the race card and "n****" word. Nice going.

LOL.

lol

Enough said.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Those articles seem like the same AP article rehashed and they all still only talk about one guy beating that particular drum. It's not exactly as if there are a majority of GOPers threatening to pull political funding, or even a decent minority of them. Sorry, bud, but you're making a mountain out of a molehill. But you did manage to find some MSM links. Congrats on that.

And I hope the Repubs gut themselves if they don't get the tax cuts and healthcare bills passed. I hope they gut themselves if they do get the bills passed. However, the simple fact right now is that the GOP has control and the Dems have a MAJOR uphill battle to wrest even a portion of that control back.

There's no reason to think that Deason speaks only for himself, given the fact that none of his right wing billionaire cohorts have contradicted him. Meadows actually reinforced that with his comments about how none of them will be back if they can't kill the ACA & cut billionaire taxes. It's not their voters who would make it that way but rather their donors.

It's amusing that the One, the Only True Liberal has spent the entire thread tearing down the dirty Democrats & now offers token derision for the Repubs. I realize that their relentless propaganda has been highly successful. Witness Trump. OTOH, what's wrong with the economy for everyday Americans is of their doing & none other. It's Munchausen by proxy. They can't deliver because their ideology is oppositional to the needs of the People at large. Witness their idea of healthcare reform.

Sep 12, 2004
There's no reason to think that Deason speaks only for himself, given the fact that none of his right wing billionaire cohorts have contradicted him. Meadows actually reinforced that with his comments about how none of them will be back if they can't kill the ACA & cut billionaire taxes. It's not their voters who would make it that way but rather their donors.
Actions speak louder than words. Your own articles stated that the Koch brothers are still holding their political retreats.

You want to make this about money but it's not really about that. These people are insanely rich already. They want power, control, and influence. That's what they are buying and they feel they aren't getting their money's worth. It works the same way on the left with their rich donors. They want to be able to brag about the legislation they helped to put in place.

It's amusing that the One, the Only True Liberal has spent the entire thread tearing down the dirty Democrats & now offers token derision for the Repubs. I realize that their relentless propaganda has been highly successful. Witness Trump. OTOH, what's wrong with the economy for everyday Americans is of their doing & none other. It's Munchausen by proxy. They can't deliver because their ideology is oppositional to the needs of the People at large. Witness their idea of healthcare reform.
Actually I have spent a partial amount of time in this thread defending the reality of human behavior. The rest has been spent laughing at the resident thread troll.

The Republicans are going to do what Republicans do. They control the government currently. All the whining in the world isn't going to change that. But you seemingly refuse to focus on your own party's faults in order to correct their issues and regain power. You'd rather bitch and complain about the other team instead, as if it's going to make any difference. It seems completely senseless to me. ymmv

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Actions speak louder than words. Your own articles stated that the Koch brothers are still holding their political retreats.

You want to make this about money but it's not really about that. These people are insanely rich already. They want power, control, and influence. That's what they are buying and they feel they aren't getting their money's worth. It works the same way on the left with their rich donors. They want to be able to brag about the legislation they helped to put in place.

It's all about the tax cuts for the donors. It's all about the political contributions & support for Repub politicians.

Actually I have spent a partial amount of time in this thread defending the reality of human behavior. The rest has been spent laughing at the resident thread troll.

Defending the dark side of human nature as expressed by right wingers, yes. I haven't noticed you laughing at yourself.

The Republicans are going to do what Republicans do. They control the government currently. All the whining in the world isn't going to change that. But you seemingly refuse to focus on your own party's faults in order to correct their issues and regain power. You'd rather bitch and complain about the other team instead, as if it's going to make any difference. It seems completely senseless to me. ymmv

They sure are, and they have few qualms about fucking over millions of Americans to do it, either. Rich Republicans have been waging & winning top down class warfare for decades & now they're running up the score.

Avarice & Greed rule their ideology & their minds. They preach a really twisted morality where poverty is vice & greed is virtue.

Play along with it if you want. Just recognize it for what it is.

Sep 12, 2004
It's all about the tax cuts for the donors. It's all about the political contributions & support for Repub politicians.
No Jhhnn, it's not actually that simple, but you can't see the forest for the trees.

Defending the dark side of human nature as expressed by right wingers, yes. I haven't noticed you laughing at yourself.
As opposed to what, not laughing at those who want to claim that dark side of human nature doesn't really exist and those who believe it does are purely being racist? C'mon Jhhnn. Despite your political leaning you're still somewhat of a realist.

They sure are, and they have few qualms about fucking over millions of Americans to do it, either. Rich Republicans have been waging & winning top down class warfare for decades & now they're running up the score.

Avarice & Greed rule their ideology & their minds. They preach a really twisted morality where poverty is vice & greed is virtue.

Play along with it if you want. Just recognize it for what it is.
I recognize it for what it is, it's ego, power, and control. Look at Trump. He ran for president for one primary reason, to stoke his massive ego. He doesn't really want to be president, but he loves the idea of himself being president.

Besides that, both sides engage in class warfare. Look at you, raging on incessantly about the rich Republicans as if they are all of one groupthink mind and are only concerned about screwing over their economically disadvantaged enemies. That's small thinking and ignores so much.

Sep 12, 2004
btw Jhhnn. As I've pointed out previously, this thread isn't about rich Republicans.

So please tell me one more time that 'They do it too!' is not a valid argument, because you're using it.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
No Jhhnn, it's not actually that simple, but you can't see the forest for the trees.

As opposed to what, not laughing at those who want to claim that dark side of human nature doesn't really exist and those who believe it does are purely being racist? C'mon Jhhnn. Despite your political leaning you're still somewhat of a realist.

I recognize it for what it is, it's ego, power, and control. Look at Trump. He ran for president for one primary reason, to stoke his massive ego. He doesn't really want to be president, but he loves the idea of himself being president.

Besides that, both sides engage in class warfare. Look at you, raging on incessantly about the rich Republicans as if they are all of one groupthink mind and are only concerned about screwing over their economically disadvantaged enemies. That's small thinking and ignores so much.

Poor people have no power to wage class warfare, not until they turn to revolution. They don't fund institutes, think tanks, donor networks, PAC's or Teahadist non-profits. They barely even vote.

btw Jhhnn. As I've pointed out previously, this thread isn't about rich Republicans.

So please tell me one more time that 'They do it too!' is not a valid argument, because you're using it.

It's about public assistance. There wouldn't be any if Rich Repubs had their way.

Status
Not open for further replies.