I Found Out Why My Boss Hates The Movie Spider-Man...

May 31, 2001
The following conversational excerpt has been paraphrased.

Me: "How come you didn't like Spider-Man, anyway? I thought it was really good."

Him: "It was that green guy."

Me: "The Green Goblin? I thought they actually did a very good adaption of his character from the comic book. I never liked him as a villain in the comic book actually, I thought the movie version of the character was good though."

Him: "No, it wasn't that, it was because he was daemon possessed."

Me: (Blank stare) "Are we talking about the same movie here?"

Him: "You know, that part where he's talking to the thing."

Me: "What thing? You mean when he's talking to the helmet when it's on the chair?"

Him: "No, when he hears the voice from upstairs. That was a daemon."

Me: "What are you talking about? That was supposed to be him as well, his personality split when he took that super soldier serum, think of it as chemically-induced MPD (Multiple Personality Disorder).

Him: "That multiple thing is caused by daemons too, each of those personalities is actually just another daemon."

Me: (Retreats into silence, overwhelmed at the sheer idiocy of some people)

I am glad I told him not to go see The Hulk (which I actually enjoyed). :Q

Kaervak

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
Ah he's one of "those" people. :p *Waits for religious wackos to flip out about my comment*

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
LOL what a retard, reminds me of that movie Frailty

"Only demons should fear me. You're not a demon, are you?"

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
Originally posted by: ShotgunSteve

Me: "How come you didn't like Spider-Man, anyway? I thought it was really good."

Me: "The Green Goblin? I thought they actually did a very good adaption of his character from the comic book. I never liked him as a villain in the comic book actually, I thought the movie version of the character was good though."

Me: "What thing? You mean when he's talking to the helmet when it's on the chair?"

Me: "What are you talking about? That was supposed to be him as well, his personality split when he took that super soldier serum, think of it as chemically-induced MPD (Multiple Personality Disorder).

Him: "That multiple thing is caused by daemons too, each of those personalities is actually just another daemon."

That's how my in-laws are. My MIL talked my husband into burning his Lord of the Rings set when he was 19-20 because he might be demonically influenced by them. I know people (from my husband's past/family/church) who think going to see The Lord of the Rings in the theatres is potentially dangerous/sinful. Harry Potter, too. They HATE the fact that I let my kids watch Dragon Tales. Spell casting and such, big no-no's you know. :p

Oh yeah, and apparently, my inherited visual handicap is due to the sins of my forefathers. Oh yeah, and when a relative groped me while I was a guest sleeping in their house, it was because a demon in me BECKONED to him. But of course.

This is why I occasionally twitch involuntarily. Mostly I am OK but I spend a great deal of time trying to keep my husband safely here on 'the dark side' with me. :p So far, so good, but my biggest fear is that he'll rejoin the loonies.

<---will never, ever, ever let her kids be alone with those people.

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000
how about the fact that the movie was the most phony, clich&eacute; filled peice of sh!t made so far this century?

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001

:Q I bet you heard that whole conversation in your head too... :D :p

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: MartyTheManiak
how about the fact that the movie was the most phony, clich&eacute; filled peice of sh!t made so far this century?

How about....not?

It's a freaking comic book movie! Good gawd.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
he has a small bash script running in the background of his mind, those darn daemons are everywhere, stupid open source freaks!!!!

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
<---will never, ever, ever let her kids be alone with those people

Thank you so much for not letting your children be exposed alone to insanity like that. I'm glad there are people out there that realize how too much religion can screw you up worse than anything else.

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
HEY! I do NOT speak to people like voices in thier heads.

...I spray paint it on thier foreheads.

Maetryx

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2001
Ha ha! Thanks to proximity I know ShotgunSteve's boss. So it's not a surprise that he thought Spiderman involved demon possession.

I actually *do* believe in demons and I find that conversation retarded.
rolleye.gif
Yeah, I have relatives that are kind of like that conversation too. I have to make sure my kids don't mention D&D or Harry Potter or LOTR or basically any other pop culture reference you can think of when we're around those relatives.

Maverick

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
so what happens to your boss when he sends an e-mail to the wrong address and he gets something back from mailer-daemon? does he freak out?

SWScorch

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
My gf and her parents HATE Harry Potter, but only because it's "wicked and evil and will turn all our young children into Satanists." I hate it too, but only because its stupid.

People like that who are so close-minded make me shake my head and sigh every now and then. Sometimes I even shake my fist too.

Kaervak

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Shiva112
so what happens to your boss when he sends an e-mail to the wrong address and he gets something back from mailer-daemon? does he freak out?

LMAO. "There's a daemon stealing my e-mail, I need a young priest and an old priest." :D:D

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
I went to Christian schools for a period of time. I remember a friend of mine talking to a teacher... he said that he and his father could "feel the prescence of demons" walking around downtown Santa Cruz, CA. Now Santa Cruz has more than it's share of stoner hippies, a few mentally-gone homeless people, and plenty of practicioners of Eastern traditions, but I'd hardly call them hippies.

The worst part was that the teacher agreed with him. Always make sure you know who's "teaching" your children.

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Isla

That's how my in-laws are. My MIL talked my husband into burning his Lord of the Rings set when he was 19-20 because he might be demonically influenced by them. I know people (from my husband's past/family/church) who think going to see The Lord of the Rings in the theatres is potentially dangerous/sinful. Harry Potter, too. They HATE the fact that I let my kids watch Dragon Tales. Spell casting and such, big no-no's you know. :p

Oh yeah, and apparently, my inherited visual handicap is due to the sins of my forefathers. Oh yeah, and when a relative groped me while I was a guest sleeping in their house, it was because a demon in me BECKONED to him. But of course.

This is why I occasionally twitch involuntarily. Mostly I am OK but I spend a great deal of time trying to keep my husband safely here on 'the dark side' with me. :p So far, so good, but my biggest fear is that he'll rejoin the loonies.

<---will never, ever, ever let her kids be alone with those people.

LotR was written by a Catholic..I don't really think there's much demonic stuff in it..:p