I found a cell phone. Help me find its original owner.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Originally posted by: Shadowknight
Originally posted by: Heisenberg
Just turn it in at a Verizon store. They'll get it back to who it belongs to.

That's what people did when I worked at Verizon, and what I did when I found a phone on campus. About the Verizon story, the old guy who turned it in found it on the highway. I called his work number, and according to his secretary and he was in a meeting. When he called back, he had no idea what I was talking about. As far as he knew, it was still in the car after he got out of work. I had to have hum call his own phone number to prove that we had it and that it could not possibly be a mistake. What happened was he told me the window was open, but he had no idea how it could have possibly got thrown out the window by accident :confused: Anyway, secretary picked it up for him, case over. For something thrown out of the car on the highway, it had only a few relatively minor scratches and still worked okay.

indeed a crazy story

tm37

Lifer
Jan 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Shadowknight
Originally posted by: Heisenberg
Just turn it in at a Verizon store. They'll get it back to who it belongs to.

That's what people did when I worked at Verizon, and what I did when I found a phone on campus. About the Verizon story, the old guy who turned it in found it on the highway. I called his work number, and according to his secretary and he was in a meeting. When he called back, he had no idea what I was talking about. As far as he knew, it was still in the car after he got out of work. I had to have hum call his own phone number to prove that we had it and that it could not possibly be a mistake. What happened was he told me the window was open, but he had no idea how it could have possibly got thrown out the window by accident :confused: Anyway, secretary picked it up for him, case over. For something thrown out of the car on the highway, it had only a few relatively minor scratches and still worked okay.

Was the secretary hot?

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Originally posted by: Syringer
Originally posted by: mrchan
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
:roll:

Call yourself from the phone & see what name shows up on Caller ID.

- M4H

There will be no name, just the number....

Verizon = pwned

Sorry, I'm used to cell coverage that doesn't suck.

Caller ID works fine for me.

- M4H
It's an option that most people don't know about. Cingular has only had it for about a year or so here. I was shocked the first time I called a co worker, and they knew it was me.