I F'N HATE PEOPLE!

JRock

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2001
My Jeep isn't even 3 days old and some fvcker smacked their door into the side of mine. I parked in the emptiest part of the parking lot I could find and someone still manages to park next to me. I was inside for no more then 3-4 minutes! How much does it usually cost to fix something like this...? No dent just missing paint down to bare metal...

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
$5 bottle of touch-up.

JRock

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2001
Originally posted by: jhayx7
$12. Go to the dealer and get some touch up paint.

I would rather it look like it never happened...

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
I parked next to you because you were all by yourself and your jeep looked lonely. I saw you coming so I gunned the engine and got away. My bad.

jhayx7

Platinum Member
Oct 1, 2005
Originally posted by: JRock
Originally posted by: jhayx7
$12. Go to the dealer and get some touch up paint.

I would rather it look like it never happened...

Ok. ~$75-$125, depends on the dent.

OR you could suck it up and realize that these things will happen. I cried the first dent I had on my first new car, now I could care less.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Parking in the empty parts of lots just attracts a$$holes that do that sort of thing.

JRock

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2001
Originally posted by: DainBramaged
I parked next to you because you were all by yourself and your jeep looked lonely. I saw you coming so I gunned the engine and got away. My bad.

Ahh I should have known...

mundane

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2002
Originally posted by: irishScott
Parking in the empty parts of lots just attracts a$$holes that do that sort of thing.

It's even more attractive if you park diagonally, taking up at least two spaces.

Bootprint

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2002

So you were the one driving Car A.

JRock

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2001
Originally posted by: mundane

It's even more attractive if you park diagonally, taking up at least two spaces.

Nah I'm not one of those people...

jhayx7

Platinum Member
Oct 1, 2005
Originally posted by: mundane

:)

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
My Jeep isn't even 3 days old and some fvcker smacked their door into the side of mine. I parked in the emptiest part of the parking lot I could find and someone still manages to park next to me. I was inside for no more then 3-4 minutes! How much does it usually cost to fix something like this...? No dent just missing paint down to bare metal...
you're lucky there is no dent. my first door ding from some couldn't-care-less-about-other-people's-property-jerk on my first new car = :brokenheart:

i wanted to report it like it was a hit and run!

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
Originally posted by: Bootprint

So you were the one driving Car A.

THOSE FVCKERS SHOULDN'T HAVE OPENED THEIR GODDAMN DOOR WHILE I WAS DRIVING PAST!!! :|:|

giantpinkbunnyhead

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2005
Sometimes, the best place to park is next to a wall. You know the wall isn't going to swing its door open and then take off. Or park next to a lightpost. or a tree. or anyplace where another car CANT park on at least one side of you.

In any case, use the touchup paint for a temporary fix... then down the road, should that door pick up more dings/dents, I'd take it in for a repaint if it still bothered you. Of course, there are some touch-up experts out there who can make a touch-up ding look so perfect you'd probably never find it again.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Wait a minute. This is a Jeep. Why do you care if it scratched, chipped, dented, ripped, torn, mashed in, or otherwise violated? That is what it's for. Jeeps aren't supposed to be in parking spaces, it's not their lot in life.

JRock

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2001
Originally posted by: ironwing
Wait a minute. This is a Jeep. Why do you care if it scratched, chipped, dented, ripped, torn, mashed in, or otherwise violated? That is what it's for.

Because this one is to to get me from my house to the office. I don't plan on going offroad with it.

daveymark

Lifer
Sep 15, 2003
Wait a minute. This is a Jeep. Why do you care if it scratched, chipped, dented, ripped, torn, mashed in, or otherwise violated? That is what it's for. Jeeps aren't supposed to be in parking spaces, it's not their lot in life.

it probably will never go off road either...

iamaelephant

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2004
Wait a minute. This is a Jeep. Why do you care if it scratched, chipped, dented, ripped, torn, mashed in, or otherwise violated? That is what it's for.

Because this one is to to get me from my house to the office. I don't plan on going offroad with it.

Then why did you need a jeep? No sympathy over here.

JRock

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2001
Originally posted by: iamaelephant

Then why did you need a jeep? No sympathy over here.

The Grands isn't the best candidate for that. Had I wanted to I would have looked at the Wrangler Rubicon.