I find it amazing what some people consider "appropriate" attire

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
There are two women where I work that dress in either loose-fitting revealing clothing or skin-tight shit. They're both pretty hot, but goddamnit it makes it hard to do my job. :p

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: aphex
Sitting here in Panera, and two ladies walk in wearing bikini's with t-shirts covering their top, and basically just swim bottoms on the bottom half.

Not complaining, just a mere observation.

They had obviously just been to the beach, but don't you think its appropriate to put on shorts or something? It literally looks like they are just walking around in their panties.

Sorry, no pics (yes I fail), they are already sitting down.

Bah, it's Panera...it's a glorified MacDonalds. We're not talking about a fine dining establishment here.

This is hardly post worthy...especially without pics.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: Farang
What I hate the most of foreigners coming to beaches in Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, and going topless on the beach. They swim fully clothed, they'll put up with our swimsuits but going topless is just disrespectful.

Isn't that why cameras are so popular in the Asian culture? :laugh:

thehstrybean

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 2004
Originally posted by: IcebergSlim
I guess a picture would assist the perverts in the thread, but I should clarify a bit....

I've seen girls walking around in shirts and bikini bottoms, quite often around here. The difference here is that the shirt covers really only their top, what's it called, a 'cutoff shirt' or something. It really not covering much of anything :) Usually the shirt covers at least their belly and SOME of their bottoms. These shirts barely cover their knockers.

And yes, the view was indeed great, I just found it funny that they would walk around wearing it. :beer:

ok so long as you are withdrawing your complaint...we pronounce you AT hero of the day for having such a luxurious lifestyle where seeing bikini clad women during lunch is a regular occurence! :beer: indeed.

I don't! I wanna kick his ass, take his job, and sit in Panera eating a !@#$%y sammich and watching hot bikini clad women come off the beach!!

:beer:

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
Considering OP is in Florida, somewhere near a beach, I think flip-flops + bikini + shirt is perfectly appropriate attire for a non-service restaurant. Sure, they'd get strange looks here in Denver, but it's just not the same environment.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Dude, you live in FL? So do I. I grew up around Clearwater which is a beach town like so many others in this state. What you just described is considered very appropriate in towns like that because of how common it is. That kind of thing has been happening in these towns for over 50 years now. Get over it.

manowar821

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2007
Let them be, they're comfortable and enjoying the weather. Where is this, exactly? If it's a warm/tropics area, I'd be even more understanding.

Man, you'd "love" living in a country where nudity is commonplace at the beach...

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Those proper attire signs are just to prevent the umm.. unhealthy-looking folks from coming in half naked.

PHiuR

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
what if the person was male at 250 pounds, not wearing a t-shirt, with a bottom that is half covered by his gut?

TheKub

Golden Member
Oct 2, 2001
Sitting here in Panera, and two ladies walk in wearing bikini's with t-shirts covering their top, and basically just swim bottoms on the bottom half.

Reason number 3,476 to move out of Michigan...

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001

They had obviously just been to the beach, but don't you think its appropriate to put on shorts or something? It literally looks like they are just walking around in their panties.

How would you have felt about two guys in speedos?

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001

if you've got it flaunt it i suppose, but.... if you don't have it keep it covered. i don't want to see your fat rolls.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I don't have any problem watching teh hotties in bikinis walk around beach towns...after all, they are BEACH TOWNS. As others have said, it might be inappropriate in downtown NYC or Chicago, but not someplace that attracts tourists for the beaches...

I guess I'm old school, because I'm CONSTANTLY amazed at how the youngers are dressing to go to college. Maybe you don't need to be "dressed up" for school, hell, when it's warm enough, I wear <gasp> jean shorts, t-shirt, and sandals or flip-flops, but it seems like 1/3 of the young folks I see are wearing what could easily be considered pajamas, another 1/3 wear the odd-ball "goth" garb, while the remaining 1/2 (thanks Yogi Berra :D ) wear a mix of more normal attire...

WTF makes people think school is a place where you go dressed like a pig or like you just crawled out of bed?

hanoverphist

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2006
Originally posted by: OdiN
Yeah that was horrible. Why did they bother putting the t-shirt on?

foshizzle. id rather they put shorts on and let the mammars free range. i consider it dinner and a show when that stuff happens.