I find it amazing what some people consider "appropriate" attire

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Cold Steel

Dec 23, 2007
It's 20 degrees outside with 8 inches of snow forecast for tomorrow.

I would love to be someplace right now where the women would wear bikinis.

And I agree with some previous posters, it's terrible to wear a shirt over a bikini.

Skunkwourk

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2004
Originally posted by: Cold Steel
And I agree with some previous posters, it's terrible to wear a shirt over a bikini.

when I think about it, I've never seen a "no pants no service" sign.

jandrews

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2007
well if they are fat, of course they should cover up that is deplorable!! if not, then ah who cares no big deal.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Would it have been ok if it was a guy wearing a tank top and speedo's?

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: KMFJD
Would it have been ok if it was a guy wearing a tank top and speedo's?

It's never ok for a guy to be wearing speedo's (unless they're competing, at which point an exception will be made)

compman25

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2006

So it's nipply outside?

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Originally posted by: aphex
Sitting here in Panera, and two ladies walk in wearing bikini's with t-shirts covering their top, and basically just swim bottoms on the bottom half.

Not complaining, just a mere observation.

They had obviously just been to the beach, but don't you think its appropriate to put on shorts or something? It literally looks like they are just walking around in their panties.

Sorry, no pics (yes I fail), they are already sitting down.

So? You should have waited for them to get up. Now you failed twice. Actually three times for considering bikinis inappropriate.

You should ban yourself from the internet until you can correct these deficiencies.

Cold Steel

Dec 23, 2007
Originally posted by: compman25

So it's nipply outside?

:laugh:

Yeah, but you can't tell because all the women wear too many clothes.

WT

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2000
Wanna see nipply ?? Go to that same beach town and hang out in the frozen food section awaiting the bikini wearing ladies. The ones that linger with the freezer door open are just so liberal !!

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
You know what the temperature is here?
yes... 4.

Quit complaining!

Nikamichi

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2003
Originally posted by: Ns1
I ate at panera bread and it was the worst meal I had in a while

:thumbsdown:

Originally posted by: Kelemvor
That's really a poor way to dress. No reason to wear a T-shirt over a bikini.

:thumbsup:

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
What I hate the most of foreigners coming to beaches in Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, and going topless on the beach. They swim fully clothed, they'll put up with our swimsuits but going topless is just disrespectful.

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
Aren't you gay ?

Of course you're gonna have a problem with couple of chicks getting all the attention :p

CptObvious

Platinum Member
Mar 5, 2004
It doesn't surprise me, because Floridians have the most relaxed attire of any people I've met. On regular occasion you can see lawyers in court wearing Hawaiian shirts or people wearing sandals to formal events.

May 16, 2000
Appropriate is for each individual to decide for themselves. There is no such thing as social norms outside of ones own willingness to conform.

MegaVovaN

Diamond Member
May 20, 2005
QUAD fail.
Shoulda gone and told them, "HI MY NAME IS STEVE, I'd like to take your pics!! Remove Tshits please! Oh and here is my numbeer"

Drakkon

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
I went to a supposed fancy restaurant in vegas last week - when i got there even outside the door it said "business casual dress required" - I was in decent dress and so was my date so we were fine. Then 3/4 of the way through our meal this group of 4 comes in wearing sweat pants, Vegas tourist shirts, and holding whalebones (giant drinks). On top of that they were already drunk and really interrupted what was otherwise a really nice dining experience.

mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004
Where was the Panera aphex? Clearwater? I know there aren't any by DeSoto....Fowler/BBD Panera doesn't count as "beach."

DAMNIT TELL ME NOW!