I fear Diablo III coming out!

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
eaj0010 posted that he quit playing WOW. WOW and every other MMORPG never got me hooked but I have to tell you that I fear Diablo III coming out. When the mother f*(ker is released I'm screwed!

AmdEmAll

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2000
If this is true, its the end of my life as we know it.

EDIT: Please don't be pay per month!!

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
Originally posted by: AmdEmAll
If this is true, its the end of my life as we know it.

EDIT: Please don't be pay per month!!

Not official but most people seem to think that it has been in development for some time already. Blizzard has dropped hints that another big game IS in the works and there are subtle hints here and there. Blizzard seems to like to milk its franchises for all they are worth and Diablo is the one that they have spent the longest time away from.

Chances are that if they are working on it it will be announced at the coming invitational

http://www.diabloii.net/

AmdEmAll

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2000
Ive never been more addicted to anything than Diablo 2. I really hope D3 is coming out. But for my lifes sake maybe not?? lol

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
I never understood what was so addicting about Diablo II. Collecting phat lewtz is just not appealing to me.

AmdEmAll

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2000
Originally posted by: Eeezee
I never understood what was so addicting about Diablo II. Collecting phat lewtz is just not appealing to me.

It was all about being teh most powerful 0ne and pwning the nubz.

ChaoZ

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2000

That game was my source of income in high school.

xeemzor

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2005
Originally posted by: ChaoZ

That game was my source of income in high school.

I'd laugh at that, but then I would be a hypocrite. ~60% of my income in high school came from doing bank offers I saw on slickdeals.

AbAbber2k

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2005
Diablo > Starcraft > Warcraft

I just hope if they do a Diablo MMO they keep the gameplay similar to classic Diablo/II. ie: Isometric view, point and click interface, and the ability to just plow through hordes of demons as if they were gnats.

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001

That's really all that was so addicting about the game. That married with perfectly tuned game play, graphics, music and storyline.

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Locut0s

That's really all that was so addicting about the game. That married with perfectly tuned game play, graphics, music and storyline.

It's a good game, but I think you're being overly nostaglic if you say that Diablo's graphics are good. They were way behind the times even when it was new.

TwiceOver

Lifer
Dec 20, 2002
I'm all for a standalone/multiplayer D3 game. I don't think an MMORPG would work out though.

EarthwormJim

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2003
Originally posted by: TwiceOver
I'm all for a standalone/multiplayer D3 game. I don't think an MMORPG would work out though.

I think it would work out just fine as long as they keep the same perspective and point-click operation.

Looking back at diablo II, it was rather anoying being limited to how many people could be in a game. I always hated not being able to join the pk pk pk pk games cause they were all full.

Mar 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Yossarian
Originally posted by: Locut0s

It's a good game, but I think you're being overly nostaglic if you say that Diablo's graphics are good. They were way behind the times even when it was new.

I think he might have meant art style more than graphical prowess. I really like Diablo's art direction, much moreso than any similar game (Titan Quest, Baldur's Gate games, Champions of Norrath, Gauntlet, etc). I think its also beneficial to the game as it runs on low and midrange systems quite decently (and as the Crysis developers found out, it helps when people can actually play the game you make).

I don't know what it is, but Diablo is still as addicting as ever, even though I make the same character everytime (Frenzy Barbarian which I find fun, I know there are more powerful setups). I've played a lot of the imitators, and they're all just dull and boring in comparison. In fact, I literally fell asleep playing Champions of Norrath. Titan Quest was in my opinion, the best of them but it had its own issues and was still lacking something.

I think its one of the worst kept secrets, that Blizzard is working on Diablo 3. If they make it an MMORPG, especially if its similar to WoW, I will not buy it. I suppose its possible they could make it MMO without ruining what made the franchise so fun, but I just don't see it happening, so I'd rather they not even try and just focus on taking the core formula and expanding on it. Also, please don't waste a bunch of time on doing a 3-D engine like Titan Quest (and the others). I don't know what it is, but the prerendered look just works a lot better in hack n slashers (and at this point a game that is prerendered, including the characters will actually stand out more visually, so there's a bonus to not messing with things). Just up the resolution and animations so that it will look nice enough, and then focus on gameplay (and ergonomics of the interface, such as inventory management).

ShadowOfMyself

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2006
I hope they make it a MMORPG so that I wont play it either... I would just throw the remains of my life into the trash can again

Been addicted to diablo 2 three years and dont wanna go through that again :(

Calculator83

Banned
Nov 26, 2007
Originally posted by: Kelvrick
Starcraft 2 is the end of me.

Dude we all know it is not going to live up to expectations. But I suppose that will not deter in essence,, ALLLLL BUYERS. Even grand mothers in korea will buy these for their new born grand children.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Ive never been more addicted to anything than Diablo 2. I really hope D3 is coming out. But for my lifes sake maybe not?? lol

ahh yes.. i got so good that i can create a char, and get him to lvl32 in 4hrs to imbue super items.

that and age of empires II were the bane to time. i spent about 8hrs/day playing :Q

luckily, 2-4hrs of that was during work :Q :smile (unprotected wifi FTW!)

Megatomic

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
I played Diablo and missed the DII craze. Unless DIII comes out with a Mac release I'm safe. :D

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001
i made so much money on ebay off diablo 2.... the only game that paid for itself and more.... before wow

RollWave

Diamond Member
May 20, 2003
Originally posted by: Calculator83
Originally posted by: Kelvrick
Starcraft 2 is the end of me.

Dude we all know it is not going to live up to expectations. But I suppose that will not deter in essence,, ALLLLL BUYERS. Even grand mothers in korea will buy these for their new born grand children.

Are you kidding me? W2 improved on W1 and W3 improved W2 by leaps and bounds. SC2 is going to blow up the RTS world...if only they would've implemented heros like in W3...

Rock Hydra

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2004
Originally posted by: JEDI

ahh yes.. i got so good that i can create a char, and get him to lvl32 in 4hrs to imbue super items.

that and age of empires II were the bane to time. i spent about 8hrs/day playing :Q

luckily, 2-4hrs of that was during work :Q :smile (unprotected wifi FTW!)

The whole AOE series is what voided any meaning to years of my life.