I dropped my Olympus C700 into water, need some guidience on repair

missioncall

Mar 7, 2001
Yeah, call me stupid. I brought my camera with me when I canoed with my friend last weekend. And the boat turned over and I dropped my camera into water. :( Is there anyway I can make it work again? Thanks vey much for your input. I serached google and could not find much info on it.

Mar 15, 2003
Originally posted by: missioncall
Yeah, call me stupid. I brought my camera with me when I canoed with my friend last weekend. And the boat turned over and I dropped my camera into water. :( Is there anyway I can make it work again? Thanks vey much for your input. I serached google and could not find much info on it.

Ummmmm.. Call Olympus? The other thing I can recommend is not really ethical and, since it's YOUR fault, I don't suggest it.

LordJezo

Banned
May 16, 2001
If it is still under waranty..

dry it out and send it back with a note saying wtf is this? stupid thing just died on me!

they hopefully they send you a new one

isasir

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
Originally posted by: LordJezo

dry it out and send it back with a note saying wtf is this? stupid thing just died on me!

Don't forget to remove the dead fish stuck inside first.

MisfitsFiend

Platinum Member
Jun 19, 2001
give it a day to dry off. I dropped my old pagers in the water all the time, and I just fropped my cell phone in the water last month - teh worst thing you could do is say it fell in the water - no warranty will cover it!!

missioncall

Mar 7, 2001
Originally posted by: RishiS
Originally posted by: LordJezo

Don't forget to remove the dead fish stuck inside first.

Umm...that is amusing. But my camera is out of waranty already I think.

Thraxen

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
Remove the battery and let it dry for several days. Most people simply don't allow enough time for electonics to dry after they get wet. There could be water inside that thing for days. If it doesn't work after several days of drying, I'd say you are screwed.

Mar 15, 2003
That's only a 2 megapix camera.. Accept the mistake, chalk up some extra money and get a 3+ megapix camera with an extended warranty (and get a water proof case if you plan on going on a boat)...

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Thraxen
Remove the battery and let it dry for several days. Most people simply don't allow enough time for electonics to dry after they get wet. There could be water inside that thing for days. If it doesn't work after several days of drying, I'd say you are screwed.

Yes, I'd be surprised if you can't get it working again after a reasonable dry out time.

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Originally posted by: Thraxen
I say he's screwed already. Even if it starts working after drying, if water got inside the camera, it got on the optics. When that water dries, it's going to leave all kinds of spots and marks making his pictures look like crap.

BHeemsoth

Platinum Member
Jul 30, 2002
Originally posted by: freedomsbeat212
That's only a 2 megapix camera.. Accept the mistake, chalk up some extra money and get a 3+ megapix camera with an extended warranty (and get a water proof case if you plan on going on a boat)...

get an A70!