I doubt anybody cares but last saturday the Dollar General put up their Halloween Candy.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Time to stock up on candy and work on that winter fat!

It's crazy that summer is already almost over. Going dangerously close to freezing at night now and the mornings are pretty crispy. Days getting shorter too, it's darker in the morning now when I get up.

Know what this means though, the Christmas stuff is going to come out soon. :D

146 days till Christmas!

828-8285504_buddy-the-elf-png.png

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
They opened a Dollar General store here last year. I've been in it twice. The first time, just to look around, the second time because I actually needed something and I wanted to see if they were cheaper than our only grocery store. They weren't. That was almost a year ago. Haven't been back since.

Stiff Clamp

Feb 3, 2021
Yeah, well, retailers in the home furnishing category have been rolling out Halloween decor those last couple weeks of July . . . e.g. Home Goods, At Home, TJ Maxx, Hobby Lobby, Michael's.
Apparently, Cracker Barrel pioneered the early Halloween-rollout concept, and made it safe for everyone to follow suit.

I might pick myself up a faux pumpkin this season. Last year I got a black cat's head, and black poison apples.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
They opened a Dollar General store here last year. I've been in it twice. The first time, just to look around, the second time because I actually needed something and I wanted to see if they were cheaper than our only grocery store. They weren't. That was almost a year ago. Haven't been back since.
The dollar stores are a good place to buy birthday cards. Quality is good but usually $0.50-$1 compared to $4+

Reactions: soulcougher73