I don't want to get burned like I did with Farcry2, demo for dnf?

ricleo2

Golden Member
Feb 18, 2004
I bought Far Cry2 as soon as it was released and was disappointed. Anybody know if a free demo of Duke Nukem will be released and where? Please don't tell me to wait for reviews as I don't trust any review site. Thanks.

CVSiN

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2004
it's terrible buyer beware.. get the demo.. I was a preorder.. and a early club member.. and the demo lasted all of about 45 mins on my PC and deleted it..
its garbage..

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
It just feels really dated, and a little half baked in the demo. I would honestly just wait for the reviews to come out, and then wait a little longer until it hits he bargain bin. It won't take long.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Absolutely a bargain bin game. Graphics look dated, nothing looks new about gameplay, it'll only be fun for nostalgia's sake.

motsm

Golden Member
Jan 20, 2010
Absolutely a bargain bin game. Graphics look dated, nothing looks new about gameplay, it'll only be fun for nostalgia's sake.
What nostalgia? It pays nothing like DN3D, and I don't think suffering through the gameplay is worth a few nostalgic quotes.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
What nostalgia? It pays nothing like DN3D, and I don't think suffering through the gameplay is worth a few nostalgic quotes.

Gameplay looks identical to me? Meh, for 5 or 10 bucks at most it's worth it just to hear Duke rant.

coloumb

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Go to Amazon.
Pre-order
Code will be emailed to you
Follow the instructions to link the game to STEAM and download
Play
Cancel pre-order from Amazon

Or just watch youtube videos "duke nukem forever".

l0cke

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2005
I have Borderlands GOTY, but I do not see anywhere to download the demo in Steam. :hmm:

KT

Right click on borderlands, get the cd code, put it in the early access club website to get the steam cd code.

greenhawk

Platinum Member
Feb 23, 2011
I bought Far Cry2 as soon as it was released and was disappointed. Anybody know if a free demo of Duke Nukem will be released and where? Please don't tell me to wait for reviews as I don't trust any review site. Thanks.

based on the demo, the game is worth skiping / forgetting about.

But then their is one reviewer saying they have played both (demo and game) and says it is apples vs oranges sort of differences.

Based on the demo, the game is a 4/10 at best.

In short, if you are looking at getting the game because it is duke (like far cry 2 was an extention of far cry 1), then best skip it.

Personally I am buying the game as it is duke, otherwise I would wait for user reviews. My expectations for the game is so low anything has to be a suprise. Secondly, paying $45US is nearly 1/2 price anyway for me. Local duke rrp on steam is $80US (australia).

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007
Not to be a negative nelly but did anyone seriously expect DNF to be good? I don't have high hopes for it. Projects that fester that long in development hell, and go through so many team changes, always end up being disasters. DNF had a clear lack of vision/direction from day one.

Malak

Lifer
Dec 4, 2004
It's a way old remake of a way older game, generic at best. It won't be good, maybe tolerable. Certainly not worth money.