I dont wanna go to the gawddamned prom!

xero

May 1, 2000
AAHHHHHHHHHHHH....
My friend's gf (which happens to be a really close friend of mine) is realllllllly wanting me to go to the prom w/ her and her b/f...i really dont want to though:
1. i wouldn't be comfy in a tux or suit, and would look throughly stupid
2. i dont really wanna go w/o a date
3. i dont wanna spend the $$$ on the stupid thing
4. i'd look like an ass

argggggggg

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
1. Almost everyone looks good in a suit. Comfy, well, that's another thing.
2. GET one! ;)
3. Well...
4. See #1

Total Refected Power

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
Xero:

Everybody looks nice dressed up. I always feel good when I wear a tux.

Don't worry about the cash. Only get one chance.

No Date? It's early for prom dates and I sure you could find a nice date. Girls still wait for guys to make the first move!!!

Give it a shot. You'll remember it the rest of your life, even if you just hang out with your friends. :)

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
Don't go if you don't want to go. While you may end up having a good time, you should never force yourself or be forced to do something social like that.

I never went to a prom or anything. Then again, I was kind of anti-social, but maybe you are, too.

;)

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Try it, you may like it. If you decide you're not going to have a good time, you're right. If you decide you are going to have a good time, you're right! ;)

SUOrangeman

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
I didn't go to either of mine. Never had an interest. Heck, I think I went to one dance while in high school. Then again, I didn't even date until I got to college.

I guess it sucks to grow up in a small town. My high school class had 96 warm bodies (most ever at the time, I think) and anyone I would have seriously thought about taking was already taken ... I guess (boyfriend or soemthing).

-SUO

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
What compuwiz said... that's what I meant.

Attitude is everything, so listen to your heart and go with how you feel, either way.

:)

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Screw that, don't go! I got out of going to any of my proms, but got shamed into taking my future wife to one of her's :frown:

Who thinks up this crap anyway :|

DesignDawg

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
DON'T GO then. :) Seriously. I didn't want to go to mine either.

--And 2....TWO girls were begging me to go. I mean seriously to the point where they were wanting to pay for all of it. --And at least one of them meant business about the after-prom activities. --But I SO did not want to go to prom. I just don't think I am a prom kind of guy. --So I turned them both down, and just hung out with a couple of buddies that night making bombs and burning stuff. GREAT night. Some of my fondest memories. Another time, a similar situation happened with one of the same girls, who wanted me to go to a winter ball thing with her. I didn't want to, so I turned her down and instead me and my pyro buddies drove up to the place and crashed it. MUCH more fun, IMO. :)

Ricky
DesignDawg

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
Wooo hooo DesignDawg, that's the ticket!

A big old bonfire on the beach, or a pit in someone's back yard, yeah~!

Now that's fun.

xero

May 1, 2000
trust me, i would NOT look good in a suit....hell, i dont look good in anything...im just a fat ugly bitch :frown: oh well..i guess i'll just sit at home and do what i always do: nothing..

Monel Funkawitz

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Boo hoo hoo. :D

#1.) Go to the prom.
#2.) Get laid.
#3.) Have fun.
#4.) (I need something here for #4.. Ack! Quick, someone!)

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
Wait a minute...

Don't go cause you don't like them, not because you don't like YOU!

Xero, you are beautiful inside, and everyone here can see that. That beauty will continue to shine through, so don't buy into this 'fat ugly biatch' thing or I will have to whoop on you. ;)

Wedesdo

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2000
when i first saw this, i though you said... "I dont wanna go to the gawddamned pr0n!"
;)
i thought "WTF" until I saw the "m" instead of the "n". stupid small type...

anyways, don't go if you don't want to. just say you fell bad or you don't feel like going.

Oct 9, 1999
the choice is yours.
One hand you get the experience, the other you dont.

Personally if we ever had prom's in my high school.. I would have gone.

xero

May 1, 2000
Isla, it's just too bad that teenagers dont think the same was as the older folks. :frown:

xero

May 1, 2000
Wedesdo, i can't lie to this girl....she's one of my closest friends....anyways..i told her i'd think about it....who knows what may happen from now 'til then..although the day is drawing up fast....hell, we're off school all next week for thanksgiving break....soon after that follows Christmas break.

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
If you want to live in the moment, go. If you want to avoid that wonderfully awkward situation in which you have no idea how to act around you good friend (the girl) because her b/f is around, don't go. I made the mistake (?) of going to my Sr. Prom with a very cute girl who is now a very good friend of mine, but was involved in several "rubber band relationships" (now we're going out, now we're broken up, now we're going out, now we're broken up ---) with my cousin, none of which I knew about at the time. Now their back together again, and I have a couple of friends whom I like to do stuff with but feel incredibly awkward when I'm around them together. Bottom line, if you don't want to go, don't. On the other hand, it does seem that you are trying to convince yourself not to go. Ttake the following advice coming from the world's least co-ordinated individual; No-one look like an @$$ in a Tux, even if you can't dance worth sh!t.

Aaron Meyer

EDIT: If you can't lie to her that's a bad sign. You may be better off not to go and avoid the awkwardness of being around her and you other friend when they are in "couple mode". Of course I could be wrong.

Sephiroth_IX

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 1999
Do you like this girl? If so, just go for it man. I don't usually go to dances, but I probably will go to my Prom. If you make one, either make it Homecoming or Prom on your Senior year...

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Xero... EVERYONE looks like a badass handsome dude in a good suit/tux, trust me. You don't have to dance or anything...just hang out and talk to people.

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
xero: Now you listen to me boy, I did not go to my prom, for the same reason you don't want to go, no self esteem. And it is something I have regretted my whole life. The prom is not about dates or tuxedos, though most people don't realize that until they are older. It's about being there, and realizing how far you have come. You earned it, you should go and have a good time with your friends. And as for beauty, you have a beautiful soul Lucas, and you should know that. With the poetry you write, some smart girl is going to realize that one day, and be a very lucky girl.

EmperorNero

Golden Member
Jun 2, 2000

<< Don't go if you don't want to go. While you may end up having a good time, you should never force yourself or be forced to do something social like that. >>

I have to disagree on that. I myself am a loner and not much of a talker. but to get far in life, being social is critical so I would sometimes make myself go to public places. for example, try volunteering at your church or something and get to know ppl. and in this case, go to the prom and maybe you'll find a girl who doesn't have a date and then you can swoop in.

xero

May 1, 2000
Seph and Zen, no i dont like her in that way; she's just a really good friend of mine i've known and hung with all thru highschool....her b/f and i are very good friends as well...so it wouldn't be akward, as im around them often when they're together.
I mean..i wanna go because she's a good friend and she really wants me to go, but i dont like big groups of people...you know?

GF, shuddap :D i haven't earned sh!t..

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
xero: I will take that shuddup, because I know you loves me to pieces... :D And yes you have dammit, working your butt off in school earned you this prom. And look at it this way, you did not quit, you played it smart and stayed in. In my book, that earns it. ;)

urbantechie

Banned
Jun 28, 2000
Hmm, I would go and I have some some that would go with me, but I can't dance worth Sh1t. Thats my excuse not to go :).