I don't understand the whole 'gaming' thing.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
I don't consider myself a gamer, but I still end up playing 2 hours of Division 2 almost every night. Go figure. I enjoy just unwinding and shooting shit. It's a great game and my all-purpose PC is 5+ years old and still handles it great.

Can't really bring myself to play other games like Rocket League or Forza and I make fun of my kids' Fortnite all the time.

But as a parent with 2 kids and a full time job, that simply isn't reality.

Depends on your kids' ages... when they get to 6+ (and I know they're not yet), you'll have your time back.

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
I just really, really don't.

I did some Pong when it was new and cool. I did the one with the monkey climbing the building for the bananas. I did some of the table thing in bars with the colored ghosts chasing you around. That was all in the 80s or so. In the 90s when I was bored at work, I passed the time with some Solitaire and Minesweeper.

I haven't done one of any kind since then.

I just don't get people spending megabucks on special 'rigs' and furniture and sitting transfixed in front of them for hours a day, every day, week in and week out.

That's because you've only exposed yourself to extremely simple games. They have since invented Steam and 80 other gaming categories.

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
I don't consider myself a gamer, but I still end up playing 2 hours of Division 2 almost every night. Go figure. I enjoy just unwinding and shooting shit. It's a great game and my all-purpose PC is 5+ years old and still handles it great.

Can't really bring myself to play other games like Rocket League or Forza and I make fun of my kids' Fortnite all the time.

Depends on your kids' ages... when they get to 6+ (and I know they're not yet), you'll have your time back.

Division 2 is the only thing that’s held my attention in the last 8 years gaming wise. Best part was spending about 3 bucks for the base game and 14 bucks for the expansion. I thought I had moved past gaming, and especially grouping, but since you can play almost any content without a mic or too much effort it’s great.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Division 2 is the only thing that’s held my attention in the last 8 years gaming wise. Best part was spending about 3 bucks for the base game and 14 bucks for the expansion. I thought I had moved past gaming, and especially grouping, but since you can play almost any content without a mic or too much effort it’s great.

I jumped on Division 1 when it was $3 for the DVDs. Paid nothing for D2 since it came with my kid's AMD graphics card and then something like $24 for the expansion. Super well worth the 1567 hours it says I've put into the game. ;) What's your ubi-name? Mine is the same as here. I usually just PUG everything myself.

Last edited:

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
I jumped on Division 1 when it was $3 for the DVDs. Paid nothing for D2 since it came with my kid's AMD graphics card and then something like $24 for the expansion. Super well worth the 1567 hours it says I've put into the game. ;) What's your ubi-name? Mine is the same as here. I usually just PUG everything myself.

rommelrommel1, someone yoinked my base name. I should see how many hours I’m in. You must be SHD level “a lot” lol.