I don't think this is what I was supposed to get out of training

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
In Myers Briggs there is a personality type NF. There is a long list of traits but three things stood out to me:
-They hate conflict
-They take on too much in order to please
-They feel guilty if they turn down work because they are overloaded.

Since we got grouped by personality type at one point I now know which of my coworkers I can guilt into doing my work.

Also - I dislike NT people because they don't play well with my schedules.

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
In Myers Briggs there is a personality type NF. There is a long list of traits but three things stood out to me:
-They hate conflict
-They take on too much in order to please
-They feel guilty if they turn down work because they are overloaded.

Since we got grouped by personality type at one point I now know which of my coworkers I can guilt into doing my work.

Also - I dislike NT people because they don't play well with my schedules.

Maybe that conclusion is ill-conceived. People who hate conflict and take on too much work are probably going to do a shitty job on anything you dump on their plate ;)

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
As an INTJ, I will guess that your schedule is stupid and unreasonable and also GFY, for good measure :D

Bah you guys are always breaking shit thinking you can do it better and then we just have more broken shit to deal with

Maybe that conclusion is ill-conceived. People who hate conflict and take on too much work are probably going to do a shitty job on anything you dump on their plate ;)

There was a decent pool to choose from. I'll divvy up some work and find the best ones to "delegate" to.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Actually most of my scores were pretty middle of the road. Except for Thinking vs Feeling where I was overwhelmingly on the Logical\Reasonable\Questioning\Critical\Tough side compared to Empathetic\Compassionate\Accommodating\Accepting\Tender

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Bah you guys are always breaking shit thinking you can do it better and then we just have more broken shit to deal with

There was a decent pool to choose from. I'll divvy up some work and find the best ones to "delegate" to.
Not me, I don't go changing things just because it can be done. Got better ways to use my time!

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Just took an online test, and it said I was INTP, but it really affirmed I dislike taking these kind of tests. Broad statements distilled to a coarse scale, or multiple choice are bullshit. My answers could swing wildly depending on particulars, and I always have the nagging feeling my answers will be used to fuck me over.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Just took an online test, and it said I was INTP, but it really affirmed I dislike taking these kind of tests. Broad statements distilled to a coarse scale, or multiple choice are bullshit. My answers could swing wildly depending on particulars, and I always have the nagging feeling my answers will be used to fuck me over.
I don't take personality tests at work; it isn't in the job description. Plus the Myers Briggs is utter bunk.

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
I realize that I only internet-know you, but INTP describes you perfectly.

Not me, I don't go changing things just because it can be done. Got better ways to use my time!
Yeah! If we find an excess of time, however...

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I don't take personality tests at work; it isn't in the job description. Plus the Myers Briggs is utter bunk.
When I was laid off, I was applying for random jobs, and some of them came with a personality test. I don't think they liked my personality :^D The only reply I got to any of them was a form rejection from Xerox, which I was thrilled to get. At least I knew my applications weren't getting blackholed.

who?

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2012
Has anybody done any research to see if the personality tests affect people differently in ways that correlate to age, sex, race, religion, or national origin?

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
That NF sounds like me, those criteria anyway. I think the last couple times I've taken one of those I got INTP, though (which seems close). As I remember, I was really close between J/P.

Although reading the details for each letter from the below image, I'd say I'm a solid ISTJ. Who knows.

MyersBriggsTypes.png