I don't think people get enough time in the sun

BigToque

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I've found over the last few weeks that if I just spend 15 minutes a day in the sun walking around or even just laying down at home and basking for 10 minutes or so, I feel absolutely fantastic and reenergized. I also find I have a much easier time controlling the food that I eat (I drink LOTS of water though). I get a nice tan as well :p

You guys should try it!

Conky

Lifer
May 9, 2001
Originally posted by: BigToque
I've found over the last few weeks that if I just spend 15 minutes a day in the sun walking around or even just laying down at home and basking for 10 minutes or so, I feel absolutely fantastic and reenergized. I also find I have a much easier time controlling the food that I eat (I drink LOTS of water though). I get a nice tan as well :p

You guys should try it!
Isn't the sun outside? No thanks!

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Well, I live in the Mojave Desert.
Not only do we all get "enough" sun, but many of us get too much sun.

You gotta be careful.

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
You make Vitamin D when you're exposed to sunlight. No kidding. In turn, this helps you absorb your body's ingested calcium, and refuels your muscles and nerves, which require calcium to operate.

bigfil

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2004
the kids and i will be swimming all weekend including this evening
thats enough sun for me
hehe

BigToque

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: shortylickens
Well, I live in the Mojave Desert.
Not only do we all get "enough" sun, but many of us get too much sun.

You gotta be careful.

You definitely need to be careful, and obviously need to take into account where you live. I live in Winnipeg, MB and the sun is not that strong, so unless you spend a fair amount of time outside, you're pretty pasty.

pclstyle

Platinum Member
Apr 14, 2004

You guys should try it!

my girlfriend has an art teacher back in taiwan that used to get sick sometimes when it was overcast for long periods of time. like, physically sick- symptoms of the flu, fever, everything. Then the sun would come out, he'd go outside, and all his maladies would disappear. Maybe it's an artist thing, but it's pretty incredible. I know we all picture some guy prancing around in a field of sunflowers, flapping his arms, sunkissed hair bouncing in the wind -- then a cloud moves overhead and he (dramatically, oedipus style) falls to the ground, face ashen, a whisper of his former self. But no, he's actually a very intelligent, incredibly focused guy. So it's gotta count for something, right?

The sun does good things to me as well, but I like the rain better. Not too much beats standing outside in clothes you don't care too much about, being in a downpour, feeling it. Plus, past 3 weekends on nantucket = enough sun for me. sepia should stay in a crayola box :(

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
I'm as pale this year as I've ever been. It's been very hot and so dry, the lawn hasn't needed mowing for months and I haven't had much other reason to spend any time outside. :(

L

Lola

You guys should try it!

i feel the same way... it is pretty much the reason why i tan in an indoor tanning salon. I don't cook myself, but i do feel the same things you do, and, surpsingly enough... my skin is clearer than it was when i did not tan.