I don't smoke and despise it but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkxshade

Lifer
Mar 31, 2001
It really bothers me when a character is smoking in a tv/movie scene and there's no smoke when they exhale. It's really distracting and always manages to draw my attention away from what is actually going on. :\

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
And opposite that, it is always so damn intriguing and fascinating when you actually see characters smoke properly. Wonder if those actors that portray proper smoking on-screen are actual smokers themselves, or just doing what they have to in order to act correctly.

AndroidVageta

Banned
Mar 22, 2008
Most of the time when an actor exhales smoke that actor is actually smoking something. May not be tobacco but its something burning either way.

And yes OP, I agree with you. It is distracting!

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Most of the time when an actor exhales smoke that actor is actually smoking something. May not be tobacco but its something burning either way.

And yes OP, I agree with you. It is distracting!

You don't have to inhale to look like you are really smoking.

Yeah, it doesn't have to go into the lungs; treat it like a fine cigar with true puffing action. It'll look authentic.

darkxshade

Lifer
Mar 31, 2001
Sometimes I can also tell a cup they're drinking from is empty just by the way they hold and wave it around in a conversation. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.