I don't know why but I had the strongest urge to try the new Nvidia 190.62 drivers

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
I still own a Geforce 8800 GTS 320 so was a little scared of doing this but so far not really any problems. Though I doubt it will last for long but we will see. I know one problem I will have right off the bat. My screen size being a lot smaller on my projector :( Oh well there has to be a way to fix that. To bad I can't just move the projector further back. Not possible though.

Just had this strange urge to see for myself if I would have any problems on my system and just wanted to try new drivers sense I just had done a clean install of Vista 64 bit! The only few bad things I noticed so far is a lower windows base score, I don't really care, the projector screen issue being a lot smaller on the right and left of the screen, and a blank screen blink right after installing the drivers. The only other strange thing is even after being the only new nvidia drivers installed on this fresh install of Vista 64 bit drivers strangely enough they required a restart. Thought nvidia drivers didn't need that anymore. Not that it matters just the last time I tried 190.xx drivers they did not require a restart, even though I did it anyway to be safe.

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
I guess my question has anyone solved a way to fix having a smaller screen with your projector yet with the newest nvidia drivers? Why does this happen?

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
Originally posted by: cusideabelincoln
Check the resolution and refresh rate? Put them to what you had before.

Ok I will try that again but the first time I tried that it did not work.

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
Ok this is really strange. Can anyone care to explain why this is the case? Using 190.62 drivers on Vista 64 bit so far seems to work great and surprised even my tv out to my projector shows the full screen this time around without the left and right side being cut off. So instead of more like 4:3 it is actually 16:10 like it suppose to be! These same drivers 190.62 in Windows 7 64 bit with tv out have the left and right side cut off from my projector screen so instead of 16:10, like I want it, the actually screen looks 4:3 :(

Makes no sense. I am not the only one with this problem either. Use to have it in Vista 64 bit as well I think. Doesn't make sense how the 190.62 drivers could fix this issue in Vista 64 bit but not Windows 7 ?

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
Well I fixed the tv out problem in Windows 7 with the 190.62 drivers! It isn't exactly a fix but more of a work around! At least I got it working like in Vista 64 bit though! All I can say is thank god for other regions!