I don’t like this about conspiring with a foreign government to attack a political rival

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Trump post: “Fox News bombshell information reports that the so-called Whistleblower did not have firsthand knowledge of that phone conversation with Ukraine’s President.” Wow! Harris Faulkner It is all a Democrat/Adam Schiff Scam! Doing this for 3 years now, and found NOTHING!

Turning out to be more fake news.
Rolrf......FOX News...hahahahaaaa FOX News.jpg

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
I mean what else do you really need to know? Trump admitted to asking Ukraine to investigate his political enemies.

Even if we go by literally nothing other than what Trump and Giuliani have publicly admitted to it demands impeachment.
That could be the case, but I'll wait until the entire story comes out before calling in the firing squad.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Interesting listening to the radio today. The conservative station of course said it was a nothing burger, the liberal station said it's treason and punishable by death.
Should be interesting to see how it pans out as more information is disclosed.

They're just repeating what Bill Weld has been saying. He's Trump's opponent in the primary.

Reactions: cytg111

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
The claim was substantiated by an inspector general appointed by Trump himself.

Seriously how dumb are you.

If the complaint is really as thin as you’re claiming then there’s no reason to hide it from Congress.
How dumb is he?? Let me tell you --
He's so dumb it took him 3 hours to watch 60 Minutes.
So dumb he was fired from M&Ms for throwing away the "W"s.
He's so dumb he cooks with Old Spice.
He is so dumb he climbed into the gene pool when the lifeguard wasn't looking.
He fell out of the family tree.
He is so dumb he is a can short of a six pack.
It doesn't appear that his elevator stops on all floors.
He's one of the dimmer bulbs in the pack.
If he were any more stupid, he'd have to be watered twice a week.
If you give him a penny for his thoughts, you'd get change.
If brains were taxed, he'd get a rebate.
The wheel is turning, but the hamster is dead.
Dumb, He's reached rock bottom and has started to dig.
He would be out of his depth in a parking lot puddle.
He has serious delusions of adequacy.
He sets low personal standards and then consistently fails to achieve them.
He's depriving a village somewhere of an idiot.
The gates are down, the lights are flashing, but the train isn't coming.
He's so dense, light bends around him.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
That could be the case, but I'll wait until the entire story comes out before calling in the firing squad.

What possible mitigating evidence could there be? I’m serious, make up something as far fetched as you want. I literally can’t think of anything that would make this non-impeachable.

Also it’s pretty likely the entire story will never come out because Trump is actively preventing the release of the whistleblower report.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
What possible mitigating evidence could there be? I’m serious, make up something as far fetched as you want. I literally can’t think of anything that would make this non-impeachable.

Also it’s pretty likely the entire story will never come out because Trump is actively preventing the release of the whistleblower report.

It will come out, eventually. It may not happen until we have a new president, sad to say.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Again as the video I posted states

..it's not whataboutism when I'm pointing out that the thing that your mad at Trump for is literally the exact same thing that Hillary did and you didn't give a [crap] when Hillary did it. That's not whataboutitsm that's saying you're a massive hypocrite and you don't have actual standards you're just acting in a rank partisan way...

If some cannot deal with it that's on them not on me. call it what you want but if you're going to hold someone to one standard and another to a different standard that's your failing not mine.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Again as the video I posted states

If some cannot deal with it that's on them not on me. call it what you want but if you're going to hold someone to one standard and another to a different standard that's your failing not mine.

Reactions: feralkid

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
This story keeps getting better and better...

President Trump told his acting chief of staff, Mick Mulvaney, to hold back almost $400 million in military aid for Ukraine at least a week before a phone call in which Trump is said to have pressured the Ukrainian president to investigate the son of former vice president Joe Biden, according to three senior administration officials.

This clip of Mnuchin from yesterday says everything:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The claim was substantiated by an inspector general appointed by Trump himself.

Seriously how dumb are you.

If the complaint is really as thin as you’re claiming then there’s no reason to hide it from Congress.
I can answer that.

Slow is so dumb he stopped sucking Trump's dick long enough to engage what's left of his TDS brain to conclude the whistle blower and Trump's own hired IG were in on the gag and that Fox News broke the story.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
The death penalty would be a serious deterrent for future Manchurian candidates. You see, these soft rich white boomers aren’t going to risk death in the future if they see one of their own die.

Beyond 2020, I expect Boomers might be too old to even be President.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
It will come out, eventually. It may not happen until we have a new president, sad to say.
I'm afraid all of this will get dropped just like all the investigtions that should've been launched in Dick Cheney. I'm afraid the dems will fear looking like they are going after their political enemies and drop it all.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
This story keeps getting better and better...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/trump-ordered-hold-on-military-aid-days-before-calling-ukrainian-president-officials-say/2019/09/23/df93a6ca-de38-11e9-8dc8-498eabc129a0_story.html

President Trump told his acting chief of staff, Mick Mulvaney, to hold back almost $400 million in military aid for Ukraine at least a week before a phone call in which Trump is said to have pressured the Ukrainian president to investigate the son of former vice president Joe Biden, according to three senior administration officials.

I want to know which Fox New Genius gave Trump this idea. Like, planted it into his head that he should go after Biden on Ukraine. You can just smell the Hannity segment that fixated on Biden and how "corrupt" Ukraine must be because of it. Then President doofus decides to act on it.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I want to know which Fox New Genius gave Trump this idea. Like, planted it into his head that he should go after Biden on Ukraine. You can just smell the Hannity segment that fixated on Biden and how "corrupt" Ukraine must be because of it. Then President doofus decides to act on it.

Witness the genesis of this whole charade for yourself...

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
trump should be impeached right after the republican convention and before the election.

can you imagine the shitstorm that would create for the gop?

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999

Why make up anything? I'm perfectly happy to let the story play out. If it all went down the way you think he'll be impeached or face a firing squad, I'm fine with that (impeachment, firing squad might be a bit over the top). I'm certainly not going to get a knot in my burnous over it. Running in circles with my hands in the air isn't going to affect the outcome, so why go through the exercise?
I sat through near two years of hearing "the beginning of the end", "the walls are closing in", "the smoking gun". We're still at the beginning, the walls are so far apart you can't see them all at once, and the smoke turned out to be cheeto dust.
I'll wait, at some point whatever he's holding over Nancy won't be enough to stop her from acting.

Reactions: highland145

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Why make up anything? I'm perfectly happy to let the story play out. If it all went down the way you think he'll be impeached or face a firing squad, I'm fine with that (impeachment, firing squad might be a bit over the top). I'm certainly not going to get a knot in my burnous over it. Running in circles with my hands in the air isn't going to affect the outcome, so why go through the exercise?
I sat through near two years of hearing "the beginning of the end", "the walls are closing in", "the smoking gun". We're still at the beginning, the walls are so far apart you can't see them all at once, and the smoke turned out to be cheeto dust.
I'll wait, at some point whatever he's holding over Nancy won't be enough to stop her from acting.

What do you mean if it went down the way I think? I'm just going on Trump and Giuliani's public statements.

As for whether or not walls are closing in or anything else I don't see why that's relevant. He should be impeached based on his actions that he's admitted to publicly because it's the right thing to do for the country. If it doesn't succeed in removing him from office then that's what happens and conservatives will have to live with their betrayal of their country.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
There is a 100% chance that this is exactly what happened.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
What do you mean if it went down the way I think? I'm just going on Trump and Giuliani's public statements.

As for whether or not walls are closing in or anything else I don't see why that's relevant. He should be impeached based on his actions that he's admitted to publicly because it's the right thing to do for the country. If it doesn't succeed in removing him from office then that's what happens and conservatives will have to live with their betrayal of their country.
that's my thinking on impeachment, do it and if the senate doesn't remove use it as cudgel during the election on those that voted to keep him.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
You're now asserting Obama tried to get foreign nations to go after his political rivals, specifically a strong possibly of his political opponent for the POTUS election?

It's something that Trump claimed in the past, many times I think. Therefore, it is part of the established "conversation" for right wing retards.

Seriously, this is how their brains work. Trump or some other craven idiot mentioned it enough times, therefore it is now "worthy of discussion."

This is how you gaslight an entire population of fools.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

What happens when the admin continues to break the law in refusing to allow the full story to come out? What happens when they repeatedly defy their constitutional duty to allow these serious complaints to go to the proper channels?

Just sit back and say "well, he's saying he can do it. Now you guys need to stop him!"

Is that the level of tolerance for this kind of fascism that the GOP has proudly adopted over the last many years?