I don’t like this about conspiring with a foreign government to attack a political rival

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Trump openly admitted to asking Ukraine to investigate Joe Biden Jr,

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/22/us/politics/trump-impeachment-whistle-blower.html

President Trump acknowledged on Sunday that he raised corruption accusations against former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. during a phone call with Ukraine’s leader, a stunning admission as pressure mounted on Democrats to impeach Mr. Trump over allegations he leaned on a foreign government to help damage a political rival.

Very, very swampy. Weaponizing the presidency to damage a political rival. It turns out that the Biden’s are both pretty swampy themselves when it comes to this Ukraine situation but they aren’t the president (yet).

What’s the solution? Impeachment? Probably, but that would tear the country apart. Much more so than it currently is. I’m not sure what law was technically broken by this, probably none, but ethically this reeks. Politicians are all crooks, every one of them. This whole situation illustrates how morally bankrupt every one of them is.

Drain the swamp and that apparently includes Trump .

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
This is definitely impeachable. EVen so, I lost my patience a long time ago.

At this point, I don't care if it "tears the country apart". Anyone who voted for the son-of-a-bitch was either crazy or stupid. "Both sides"? I was a fence-sitter for decades before the unnecessary $3 trillion Bush war -- of which the Elder Bush warned and advised against. At one time, I was contributing to the GOP in the '80s. Then -- I got to know the political appointees in my agency, but I couldn't bring myself to register in the opposition party.

I've sorted this all out, though. It's not "both sides". It's just more apparent that it's not both sides, given the depraved degree and brazenness of Trump's criminality.

My latest bumper-poster idea says "Trumpies -- need assistance? Go back to your home galaxy and fix things there, or just bleed in the ditch, bitch!"

"Both sides". This is a self-justification in denial by people who think politics is supposed to be a religion. It's supposed to be about common sense and compromise. It's not supposed to show a log-jam in the Senate by some cornpone bigoted old fart who thinks his entire job is to stack the Supreme Court and prevent anything constructive from taking place.

Both sides, my ass. "Tear the country apart". Whose idea was that, for electing a piece of Slime who made it his morning habit to slap 50% of the country in the face every day?

In my opinion, regardless what the Base thinks, regardless of whether they have "a trillion rounds of ammunition" according to Steve King, Trump belongs in Super Max. I want to see him in an entire season of "MSNBC Lockup" -- scoring new ratings for their previously useless weekend fare. They can call the season "El Chapo's Little Bitch". They can make the interviews especially challenging for him, by featuring Bill Maher and Al Franken.

And I could actually applaud, if the other side thinks they're being "slapped in the face" every weekend. We went from "Make America Great Again" when we were actually great, to being lower than crocodile piss.

The Dems aren't responsible for that. You are.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Gee, another UC concern thread. Glad to see you're branching out to have some damned concern for what's going on in this country instead of your usual "I'm so concerned about what's going on in the UK, Germany, France, Norway, et al."

I'd say it's refreshing, but most likely a diversion from your usual hate for anyone not like you.

Now, go concern yourself about something significant to you, like Muslims in London spitting on sidewalks.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
edit out the both sides shit

Why, it is both sides. You think Biden is sparkly clean on this? Him telling them they have to fire a prosecutor who was looking into corruption charges at the company his son was working for? Yeah that’s pretty swampy too.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
No I didn’t, this isn’t what I voted for.

So, to be clear, you didn't put together that a GOP entirely bent on party before country since at least 2008, coupled with a known scumbag(bullshit artist, conman, pathological liar, racist), would somehow yield a different result?

Senator Warren welcomes your support. If anyone will drain the swamp...it will be someone like her.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
No I didn’t, this isn’t what I voted for.
trump has a long history of this type of behavior, with his shafting his contractors, bankruptcies and his reality tv shows.

voting for trump and expecting him to act normally was not going to happen

so if you did vote for trump you most certainly did vote for this

voting for trump and saying you were not aware of the kind of person he is just wont float with his history readily available for those that cared to look.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Why, it is both sides. You think Biden is sparkly clean on this? Him telling them they have to fire a prosecutor who was looking into corruption charges at the company his son was working for? Yeah that’s pretty swampy too.

You should probably stop believing Trump or his admin at all. They've proven untrustworthy for years at this point, lying about even the most trivial matters

Reactions: Pohemi and JSt0rm

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Biden went to the Ukraine representing the United States. The Ukraine prosecutor was NOT looking into corruption. Other countries wanted this guy fired as well. Rudy went there not representing the country but Trump personally. HUGE difference.

Also the Ukraine foreign minister indicated there were no issued with Biden's son.

Stop the #bothsides bullshit. Trump is throwing up that mud and you believe him? What happened to fool me twice?

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I hear a lot of Trumpies now saying THIS ISN'T WHAT I VOTED FOR.
We knew.... we the people that didn't fall for this con artist con job knew and we seen through Donald Trump from the start.
So, why is it that so many people could recognize a con when they seen one and so many others could not see it coming?
That's what I'd like to know.

And again we see in the press and in the news media their once again using the words "IF TRUE", or, "IF FOUND TO BE TRUE".
Those are the words that Trump and his protectors (The US Congress) always rely on to evade and avoid ever discovering the truth.
So.... it appears that once again we will never know anything for sure.
Trump will get away with murder once again, the senate won't give a damn if there has been a crime committed, the house will lack the balls to do their job and offer up only more of the same. Babble and lip service.

Just another day that will eventually pass, as with all the other days where Donald Trump stood in the middle of fifth avenue and shot someone.
What Trump didn't tell us, he won't be shooting actual people, he will be shooting holes in the US constitution.
So how many holes will this latest hole make?

Reactions: Pohemi

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Biden went to the Ukraine representing the United States. The Ukraine prosecutor was NOT looking into corruption. Other countries wanted this guy fired as well. Rudy went there not representing the country but Trump personally. HUGE difference.

Also the Ukraine foreign minister indicated there were no issued with Biden's son.

Stop the #bothsides bullshit. Trump is throwing up that mud and you believe him? What happened to fool me twice?

Biden asked that a prosecutor looking into corruption charges against a company Biden Jr was receiving 50k a month from to be fired. Stop making excuses for that shit, it’s corruption.

Reactions: highland145

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I hear a lot of Trumpies now saying THIS ISN'T WHAT I VOTED FOR.
We knew.... we the people that didn't fall for this con artist con job knew and we seen through Donald Trump from the start.
So, why is it that so many people could recognize a con when thy seen one and so many others could not see it coming?
That's what I'd like to know.
This is EXACTLY what they voted for but don't want to admit it. Isn't that Step #1 of the 12?

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Biden asked that a prosecutor looking into corruption charges against a company Biden Jr was receiving 50k a month from to be fired. Stop making excuses for that shit, it’s corruption.
Yup, just like Hillary sold uranium to Russia and killed 35 people over the last 4 decades in order to maintain power, and that's only the ones we know about. Plus getting soldiers killed in Benghazi and sacrificing babies in her pizza shop. Hopefully after 4 investigations into the Biden thing the deep state doesn't prevent the truth from coming out. There is just no possible way the GOP can be worse than Democrats. They are the party of family values ffs.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000

If this is true, who was the prosecutor and who started him on the investigation? Was that prosecutor an agent of Trump or one of his minions?

It would be helpful if you provides a credible basis for the claim and the relevant facts surrounding it.