I did not know Jennifer Garner was a Trumpette

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
and apparently, quite an ass-kicker as well.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertain...e-peppermint-is-another-rotten-tomatoes-fail/

Not surprisingly, Breitbart thinks everyone else is a racist for saying its racist.

As for me: I just dont think she can act worth a damn and is really lucky to be getting work. Also, its OK to put a convervative slant on your movie, just dont expect sober, sane people to gobble it up like Donald gobbles up Fox News.

Nov 25, 2013
It was a movie that she was paid to play a role in. The character is fictional and has nothing to do with her so wtf are you pissed off at her for? Collecting a paycheck?

She's a Democrat who was a Hillary Clinton supporter.

Reactions: Jaskalas

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Based on the trailer it looks like one could safely skip the first hour of the movie.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

https://www.breitbart.com/entertain...e-peppermint-is-another-rotten-tomatoes-fail/

Not surprisingly, Breitbart thinks everyone else is a racist for saying its racist.

As for me: I just dont think she can act worth a damn and is really lucky to be getting work. Also, its OK to put a convervative slant on your movie, just dont expect sober, sane people to gobble it up like Donald gobbles up Fox News.

I feel kinda dirty after reading that twisted fucking rant.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

You have issues son,,,,

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Sigh.

The op and that article have issues. Starting with the facts: Garner was a Clinton supporter, voter, and major contributor.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Based on the trailer it looks like one could safely skip the first hour of the movie.
I saw it. They pretty much get through the boring stuff in 30 minutes or less. It is basically "The Equalizer" with a female lead. Oh and some of the baddies happen to be a latino cartel.

ecogen

Golden Member
Dec 24, 2016
Looks like a shitty movie, which is unsurprising when it has Jennifer Garner as its protagonist. Garbage actress. Don't see how any of this makes her a Trumpette tho.

Reactions: Burpo

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
I don't remember ever hearing of this movie. The trailer makes it look like your standard one man army badass kills bad guys in revenge formula movie, but with more mediocre than usual acting. It's like if Denzel forgot how to act good before making Man on Fire. The thing that gets me is the Breitbart article says "After she demands justice, the Deep State thwarts her". I love how demented these alt righties have become. They can't even get straight what the mystical deep state is supposed to be anymore and are now conflating it with general corruption.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I don't remember ever hearing of this movie. The trailer makes it look like your standard one man army badass kills bad guys in revenge formula movie, but with more mediocre than usual acting. It's like if Denzel forgot how to act good before making Man on Fire. The thing that gets me is the Breitbart article says "After she demands justice, the Deep State thwarts her". I love how demented these alt righties have become. They can't even get straight what the mystical deep state is supposed to be anymore and are now conflating it with general corruption.

Yep, code words and catch phrases are the coin of the realm in Trumpieland. Like flies to a fresh steaming pile-o-crap whether re-purposed with injurious intent or straight out of the GOP Ministry of Propaganda AKA FOX.

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
Da fuq??? This movie came out last year and it's generating this fuss now??? I had to read the post dates 3 times to make sure that I wasn't dealing with a necro thread. I don't care what roles an actor takes and I care even less what their political beliefs are.

/faceplam

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
I saw the movie. Didnt really trigger any political feelings at all, just boredom. I thought it was terrible. Never have been a Jennifer Garner fan, and this movie did nothing to change that. Both her acting and martial arts skills were mediocre at best.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Sigh.

The op and that article have issues. Starting with the facts: Garner was a Clinton supporter, voter, and major contributor.

Thank goodness.

It's always disappointing when people you like turn out to be trumpers. It's like finding out they have some kind of brain disease.

Reactions: tweaker2 and dank69
Mar 11, 2004
I wish I could say I didn't know the OP was such a fuckin idiot, but he'd already shown he was before this thread.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Thank goodness.

It's always disappointing when people you like turn out to be trumpers. It's like finding out they have some kind of brain disease.

I know what you mean. Every time I have the displeasure of witnessing Trump up to his usual lie and deflect song and dance I feel like I need to get a NBC (nuclear/bio/chem) wash down and get vaccinated against that crippling malady he's spreading wherever he goes.

Quite literally, the guy creeps me out. Watching a Trump rally creeps me out. It's like watching a Jim Jones sermon.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Jim Jones was far more literate and well spoken. I am curious as to how much Fred Trump had to pay to keep his child moving through school.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
OP, are you on crack?

If I were do you think I'd be wasting time with YOU BUTTHEADS??!?

So . . . you have no excuse for wasting everyone's time with this turd of a thread?

You got the basic facts of Garner's political allegiance wrong, using Breitbart as your source, you credulous nincompoop.

And yet somehow, you seem proud of this outcome , as though someone told you that you'd won the Nobel Prize for literature and you, all goober-eyed and distinctly slow of mind, believed them.