I couldn't believe it......

Codewiz

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2002
I was wondering, has the education level of postal workers gone down AND the stupidity level increased 10x? Either that or I just had an idiot for a mailman. On Saturday, I knew I was going to received some books I ordered. I live in an apartment complex so my mailbox is not very big. That is why there are postal lockers for packages and if those are full, the postman is supposed to try and deliver to my door.

I received 3 packages on Saturday. This is what the postman did. He crammed two of the books the best he could into my mailbox and put the third in the postal locker. The problem with this is the fact I couldn't turn my key to get the door open to the mailbox. The packages were blocking the release. I had to get a screwdriver and almost break my key to get the door open. I just can't believe the moron didn't have the sense just to put ALL the packages in the postal locker instead of fighting to cram them in my tiny mailbox.

Now I have to go complain so I can get a new key since mine is bent to hell. Yes I could have waited til Monday but I was seriously pissed off and that mailbox was going to be opened even if I had to drill the lock out :)

I was going to leave a nasty note for the bastard but I figured that my mail might start getting "lost" and I don't need that hastle.

That sucks - usually mailmen have dropped packages at my door, but I've never had a package delivered at an apartment complex.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
I had something similar happen to me once when I lived in a subdivision that had a centrally located mailbox system. The problem though was getting the box out of the postal locker. The box fit almost perfectly in the locker, so I have no way of grabbing the package to pull it out.

Codewiz

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2002
Originally posted by: jumpr
That sucks - usually mailmen have dropped packages at my door, but I've never had a package delivered at an apartment complex.

Well I actually live in a duplex but my mailbox is with everyone else in the neighborhood. I have been living in apartments for 5 years(during college and after) and I have never had a mailman try something dumb like this.

When I first realized what happened, I had to go back to my home. I was too pissed off to handle the situation :) If there is one thing that can piss me off quickly, it is stupidity. I am usually a very calm natured person but this set me off into a mindset that I was going to get into my mailbox no matter what it took :)

Codewiz

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2002
Originally posted by: CPA
I had something similar happen to me once when I lived in a subdivision that had a centrally located mailbox system. The problem though was getting the box out of the postal locker. The box fit almost perfectly in the locker, so I have no way of grabbing the package to pull it out.

LOL, now that I think of it, I had the same thing happen to me before. Of course that wasn't the mailman's fault as much. When you opened the door the postal locker had an overhang and the box fit from wall to wall in the locker. I ended up cutting the package up to remove the contents so I could get it out.

I wasn't nearly as pissed about that because I am sure I would overlook something like that as a mailman. But this situation is different because this guy had to use a lot of force to cram these books in the mailbox. Once I got the door open I have to use a lot strength to get them out.

bcterps

Platinum Member
Aug 31, 2000
I had some horrible experiences with the post office in South Plainfield, NJ. Mail never getting forwarded, packages not getting delivered, missing bills, the list goes on and on. The best was when they didnt deliver a package to us, it was being held at the post office, but they didnt leave a slip saying it was there. The company we bought it from told us that it was at the post office, so we went there and they got mad at US for not having a slip for the package!

ASK THE COMMUNITY