I can't wait until Arnold is in office

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: bozack
Originally posted by: apoppin

Ahnold admitted his "inappropriateness" as being "playful" and APOLOGIZED for offending the women. :p

There is also a transcript of his "admiring Hitler" in an old interview.

You ought to keep up with the news. :p

rolleye.gif

Apoppin, didn't you say a few threads back you were done posting your uber-libero views on this topic as you made your point?? just another lying dem/lib I see :)
I apologize IF I did . . . and I was being "playful" then; sorry if I offended someone . . .

:p

rolleye.gif

liberal? . . . maybe . . . ;)

dem . . . NO!

lying? . . . nope - just "playful"

:p

Edit: letsee, if Ahnold becomes govenor and THEN is charged or recalled due to "sexual battery" . . . Then we'd have . . .

"Total Recall"

:D

rolleye.gif

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
I can't wait for Arnold to win, also!

Politics has become such the entertainment campaign, a three-ring circus; somehow we got Dubya Bush in office, why not have someone like Arnold now?

Let the show begin, I say! Who's selling the popcorn?

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: phillyTIM
I can't wait for Arnold to win, also!

Politics has become such the entertainment campaign, a three-ring circus; somehow we got Dubya Bush in office, why not have someone like Arnold now?

Let the show begin, I say! Who's selling the popcorn?
You may find out this "show" is way too expensive for anyone to afford.

You can't afford the (pop) corn. ;)

rolleye.gif

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Who cares? No one else seems to? Why should we?

BRING IT ON!

Politically, Washington DC is now a joke. Why not make California one also.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: phillyTIM
Who cares? No one else seems to? Why should we?

BRING IT ON!

Politically, Washington DC is now a joke. Why not make California one also.
I see. :p

rolleye.gif

You must be pretty inexperienced to not care about consequences.
rolleye.gif

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Arnold needs to be forthcoming, otherwise he'll be recalled like Davis for allegedly not being forthcoming in his campaign. There is no threshold for these recalls, and Democrats will have no problem collecting the votes. I know it hasn't been done before, but there is no reason it can't be done again. Just get the organization to collect signatures and off you go.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: SuperTool
Arnold needs to be forthcoming, otherwise he'll be recalled like Davis for allegedly not being forthcoming in his campaign. There is no threshold for these recalls, and Democrats will have no problem collecting the votes. I know it hasn't been done before, but there is no reason it can't be done again. Just get the organization to collect signatures and off you go.

Total Recall

;)

And Ahnold HAS been forthcoming . . . he quickly ADMITTED to his indescretions with women (calling them "playful") and has already APOLOGIZED for his behavior.

Lucky

Lifer
Nov 26, 2000

Total Recall

;)

And Ahnold HAS been forthcoming . . . he quickly ADMITTED to his indescretions with women (calling them "playful") and has already APOLOGIZED for his behavior.

for a couple of them, yeah. now there are a bunch of sluts claiming he molested them over 20 year periods, and for most of them he denies that and rightly points out that no one ever complained to him about his behavior at the time, and thus these are just davis orchestrated smear attempts.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: Lucky

Total Recall

;)

for a couple of them, yeah. now there are a bunch of sluts claiming he molested them over 20 year periods, and for most of them he denies that and rightly points out that no one ever complained to him about his behavior at the time, and thus these are just davis orchestrated smear attempts.

It's nice for someone to call these accusers sluts, and then turn around and accuse Davis of smears. The mind works in beautiful ways.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com

Total Recall

;)

You are also demeaning women - evidently like the sexist pigs you admire. :p

So far - as of Sunday - 13 women have come forward and all but a few have given their names to the media. Some of these allegations are quite RECENT.

rolleye.gif

Lucky

Lifer
Nov 26, 2000

Total Recall

;)

You are also demeaning women - evidently like the sexist pigs you admire. :p

So far - as of Sunday - 13 women have come forward and all but a few have given their names to the media. Some of these allegations are quite RECENT.

rolleye.gif

Ah yes, but they wont let their names go public, and they didn't say a word at the time. Now I turn on CNN and the headline isn't even allegations of molestation, simply "advances". Since when, skirting the moral issues of infidelity, did making an "advance" turn into such a scandalous event?

alphatarget1

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001

Total Recall

;)

It's nice for someone to call these accusers sluts, and then turn around and accuse Davis of smears. The mind works in beautiful ways.

supertool: do you live in california? you seem like one of those people who blindly supports the democratic party. I have no respect to davis, i think he fvcked our state up (YES I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA) and THERE IS A REASON why his approval ratings are in the upper 20s. that's WORST than bush's approval rating. THERE IS A REASON FOR THAT. I have to pay for a 40% increase in tuition and the people who graduated a couple of years back DON'T? FACT: tuition should've been increasing yearly but with a lower rate, not 40%. Thank DAVIS for mismanaging our money. Thank DAVIS for hiking my parents' car tax and they aren't even making a lot of money (DAVIS is seeking to kill the middle class) Arnold seems to be someone that brings fresh ideas into the california state government and that's why i support him. Gray Davis is nothing but a scumbag who is only good at negative campaigning. why are so many people SUPPORTING the recall? because Gray Davis is hated and the majority of the people hate him.

fvck gray davis.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: alphatarget1

Total Recall

;)

supertool: do you live in california? you seem like one of those people who blindly supports the democratic party. I have no respect to davis, i think he fvcked our state up (YES I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA) and THERE IS A REASON why his approval ratings are in the upper 20s. that's WORST than bush's approval rating. THERE IS A REASON FOR THAT. I have to pay for a 40% increase in tuition and the people who graduated a couple of years back DON'T? FACT: tuition should've been increasing yearly but with a lower rate, not 40%. Thank DAVIS for mismanaging our money. Thank DAVIS for hiking my parents' car tax and they aren't even making a lot of money (DAVIS is seeking to kill the middle class) Arnold seems to be someone that brings fresh ideas into the california state government and that's why i support him. Gray Davis is nothing but a scumbag who is only good at negative campaigning. why are so many people SUPPORTING the recall? because Gray Davis is hated and the majority of the people hate him.

fvck gray davis.
I see you subscribe to the republican smear campaign. :p

Thank the Federal Govt for turning a huge surplus into a giant defecit . . . California is with the vast majority of the OTHER states in the red.

Ahnold's "fresh ideas" . . . in answer to any new question: "I don't know, I'll get back to you" . . . and "Trust me" :p
(he is an actor in a particularly bad performance without his script)
rolleye.gif

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000

Total Recall

;)

fvck gray davis.

Yes, I live in CA, and you forgot to thank Dubya and his FERC for turning their back on CA when the electricity barons were bilking it to the tune of tens of billions using the same system that Pete Wilson, who sits on Arnold's campaign, created. You are saying that tuition should have been increasing yearly, but what difference would that have made? It would still be up the same, just keep going up slowly. Seems to me you are just jealous that you missed the economic boom, and the guys who went to school then got a break. I would say that even with a 40% hike, UC tuition is a damn good deal, so stop you whining. There are people paying $35K/year in private schools to get the level of education that UC system provides. What are Arnold's "fresh ideas?" To have an audit. Yeah, that's fresh. You can have all the audits you want, it won't change that Californians like you expect the government to provide them with cheap services like education, and then come out and whine about higher taxes. Davis made mistakes by not being as brutal as the energy companies. I would have cut off power to predominantly GOP districts, to let Dubya feel the pain of his criminal neglect. I voted against the recall and for Swallenlegger, simply because the field is pathetic. I certainly don't blindly support the Democrats, and I was ready to vote for Riordan last election, but GOP nominated that idiot Simon.

alphatarget1

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001

Total Recall

;)

fvck gray davis.

Yes, I live in CA, and you forgot to thank Dubya and his FERC for turning their back on CA when the electricity barons were bilking it to the tune of tens of billions using the same system that Pete Wilson, who sits on Arnold's campaign, created. You are saying that tuition should have been increasing yearly, but what difference would that have made? It would still be up the same, just keep going up slowly. Seems to me you are just jealous that you missed the economic boom, and the guys who went to school then got a break. I would say that even with a 40% hike, UC tuition is a damn good deal, so stop you whining. There are people paying $35K/year in private schools to get the level of education that UC system provides. What are Arnold's "fresh ideas?" To have an audit. Yeah, that's fresh. You can have all the audits you want, it won't change that Californians like you expect the government to provide them with cheap services like education, and then come out and whine about higher taxes. Davis made mistakes by not being as brutal as the energy companies. I would have cut off power to predominantly GOP districts, to let Dubya feel the pain of his criminal neglect. I voted against the recall and for Swallenlegger, simply because the field is pathetic. I certainly don't blindly support the Democrats, and I was ready to vote for Riordan last election, but GOP nominated that idiot Simon.

if what Pete Wilson did was really that bad why didn't Davis do anything to change the deregulation? that's right, he didn't analyse the potential problem that could impact california. don't get me even started on the energy contracts DAVIS signed. I'm not saying that Davis is to blame for the energy crisis but he mismanaged it and because of his stupidity we have to pay the price for it? give me a break.

what difference does it make between making a 40% jump in tuition suddenly and gradually increasing it? I'm not jealous. Money to go to a CSU isn't my problem but it's a problem for a lot of people... some of my friends included because their parents make enough money that they don't qualify for federal grants/loans and they have to either work their butts off or borrow a ton of money. the burden should've been shared by other students. last year UC's tuition was 3800 something if i'm not mistaken and this year it's over 5k, why don't you just print that extra 1k something to cover it? oh that's right, it doesn't work that way genius.

Bottom line is that we had a 12 billion surplus and Davis MISMANAGED the energy crisis (he admitted himself that he didn't act fast enough) and the surplus. Davis has no principles. A true leader has principles (whether good or bad) and stands by them. Davis signed a bill that he vetoed before (illegal immigrant drivers licence bill), and when he's gonna get kicked out of office he starts dirty campaigning.

alphatarget1

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
Originally posted by: apoppinI see you subscribe to the republican smear campaign. :p

Thank the Federal Govt for turning a huge surplus into a giant defecit . . . California is with the vast majority of the OTHER states in the red.

Ahnold's "fresh ideas" . . . in answer to any new question: "I don't know, I'll get back to you" . . . and "Trust me" :p
(he is an actor in a particularly bad performance without his script)
rolleye.gif

their governors and legislature fvcked up. that's their problem. Thank god we have a recall mechanism. without it career politician scumbags like davis can get away with any fvck ups they've done that people suffered from them.

federal government deficit is a different story. if you wanna campaign against bush, go to new hampshire!

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000

Total Recall

;)

fvck gray davis.

if what Pete Wilson did was really that bad why didn't Davis do anything to change the deregulation? that's right, he didn't analyse the potential problem that could impact california. don't get me even started on the energy contracts DAVIS signed. I'm not saying that Davis is to blame for the energy crisis but he mismanaged it and because of his stupidity we have to pay the price for it? give me a break.

what difference does it make between making a 40% jump in tuition suddenly and gradually increasing it? I'm not jealous. Money to go to a CSU isn't my problem but it's a problem for a lot of people... some of my friends included because their parents make enough money that they don't qualify for federal grants/loans and they have to either work their butts off or borrow a ton of money. the burden should've been shared by other students. last year UC's tuition was 3800 something if i'm not mistaken and this year it's over 5k, why don't you just print that extra 1k something to cover it? oh that's right, it doesn't work that way genius.

Bottom line is that we had a 12 billion surplus and Davis MISMANAGED the energy crisis (he admitted himself that he didn't act fast enough) and the surplus. Davis has no principles. A true leader has principles (whether good or bad) and stands by them. Davis signed a bill that he vetoed before (illegal immigrant drivers licence bill), and when he's gonna get kicked out of office he starts dirty campaigning.

You are a whining, bitter, sore loser girly man. :D
All this nonsense was sorted out last election, and Davis still manhandled Simon worse than Arnold on a movie set.
You have to pay 5K/year tuition instead of 3.5K. Big frikken deal. GET OVER YOURSELF. It's nothing. Extra 1.5K for an education that will yield hundreds of thousands of increased income over your lifetime. You are getting a 20+K education for 5K instead of 3.5K. Cry me a river.

Dragnov

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
I voted for Arnold.

Main reason?

Can't be worse than Davis.

Inexperienced? Davis' "experience" did not help at all, as example how he horribly dealt with the Energy Crisis. Energy crisis was not his fault? I never said it was. He tried to avoid dealing with it, and got us into binding contracts of high prices. Just one example.

Ties to interest groups? Ironically, the person claiming that they need to get rid of interest groups, is accepting massive donations from them. However, I don't think there is anyone out there thats more shady than Gray Davis on that issue. Signature for sale! Gray Davis all of a sudden miraculosly changed his mind on the already twice turned down drivers license for illegal immigrants? Gee, I wonder why. Not to mention the all the appointments hes making for his donaters as we speak.

I can go on, but like I said, he's no worse than Davis.

At best, he actually is able to make some reforms and do about things differently than the average politician.

At worst, hes a lame duck, where the legislature further dominates and his aids do all of the work ala Bush. That certainly won't make things any better, but dont' see how it can make things worse.

Originally, I was "Anyone but Bustamante!", but Gray Davis is making himself look worse and worse in my eyes.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: kranky
I would think every Californian would be embarrassed to have a completely unqualified person elected as Governor.

I feel more embarrassed to have our current Governor. I think being "Qualified" is part of what got us into this mess.

I'm voting yes on the recall tomorrow and I'm also voting for Arnold. He's a serious candidate and the only one with any chance of getting rid of that slimy scum Davis.

alphatarget1

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Originally posted by: kranky
I would think every Californian would be embarrassed to have a completely unqualified person elected as Governor.

I feel more embarrassed to have our current Governor. I think being "Qualified" is part of what got us into this mess.

I'm voting yes on the recall tomorrow and I'm also voting for Arnold. He's a serious candidate and the only one with any chance of getting rid of that slimy scum Davis.

word.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Magnum375
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
well thats fine, maybe we can get him to invade canada.
Oh my WORD THAT WOULD BE AMAZING!!!!!

DO IT!
:p If I thought that we were finally going to invade Canada, I'd run right down and enlist.

Bring on THE tank!

woot! :D

alphatarget1

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Vic
Originally posted by: Magnum375
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
well thats fine, maybe we can get him to invade canada.
Oh my WORD THAT WOULD BE AMAZING!!!!!

DO IT!
:p If I thought that we were finally going to invade Canada, I'd run right down and enlist.

Bring on THE tank!

woot! :D

w00t! the 51st state!

Rayden

Jun 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Replacing Davis with Ahhnold isn't going to change anything. Thery need to clean the slate of all the State Reps and Senators from both parties, the real cause of the problems there.

the Democrats pretty much run California unfortunately. so if you want to blame it on the senators you are blaming the Democrats.
which is fine with me :) i just don't want you to think that the republicans have all that much power in california. :(