• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."
  • Community Question: What makes a good motherboard?

I can't overclock my pc.

bryce1416

Oct 14, 2016
Ok I am going to provide as much information as I can because like nobody has this issue. I have an AMD Radeon HD 7660G (Garbage gpu I know) and I have been wanting to overclock it since I seldom reach above 30-40 fps in CSGO. Yes, CSGO. I downloaded AMD Overdrive and it says I have a current speed of -1 MHz and a target speed of 0 MHz... So I downloaded MSI Afterburner and it said I have 743 MHz. What happens though is when I attempt to overclock it, the dial on the left says the speed I overclocked too, but then after hitting refresh it says 743 MHz. I am getting very upset because I've been researching and there was one person with my problem and he wasn't really answered. I'd think it'd be possible to overclock this gpu especially since others have done it with the same one. I have CPU-Z so any information I am able to provide. Any and all information helps. Thanks.

hojnikb

Sep 18, 2014
the first thing you need to do to boost performance is add another stick of ram if you don't already have dual channel.

LTC8K6

Lifer
Mar 10, 2004
The best way to improve performance with an IGP is to put in the fastest system ram it can handle.

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
Yeah faster dual-channel RAM will increase performance. But if you want to OC, see above.

ASK THE COMMUNITY