I can't get Q-Fan to work on my AN-SLi Premium. Could the owners of the board please check your BIOS?

kman79

Sep 14, 2004
Hey guys, has anyone gotten the Q-FAN to work on their board? If you own this Board could you please check your BIOS and see if enabling it brings up settings and parameters?

I enabled it under the Bios, under Hardware Monitor, but there is no settings that comes up for me to set parameters. I looked everywhere in the BIOS and I can't find the settings for it.

I have a Delta fan, while it keeps my SD 3700+ at a cool 40C full load on prime95 OCed, it is a bit loud. I'd like to silence it when I don't need it blowing all that CFM.

Any help on this guys is greatly appreciated.

nippyjun

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Hi, I have the same mobo. I can enable qfan and it works. There aren't any parameter settings that appear when you enable it though. The only setting that seems related is the "cpu target temperature" which i belive makes the fan go to max rpm's if the cpu temp goes above the target temp. in the manual is says that the target temp is the temp that turns off the fan but that doesn't make sense.

I can enable qfan through aibooster or through the bios. I have the 1005 bios

nippyjun

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I have a question for you. When i try to change the memory timings (i changed cas 2.5 to cas 3) when i boot up i get the voice telling me of a memory system problem and i can't boot or get to the bios. I have to clear the cmos to boot.

Is this a bios problem or a memory problem? I would think that loosening up the cas from 2.3 to 3 would be easier on the memory.